• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future
• Moroso and Moss Warehouse Sale
• Antiqueria Tribeca Warehouse Sale
• Bauhaus 1919-1933: Workshops for Modernity
• CB2 Can Drive
• M2L Moving Sale
• Vintage Poster Show & Auction
• Simon's Century Sale ENDS 11/7
• Swann Galleries Travel Poster Auction
• Atocha Design Sale
• Kartell Lighting Sale
• SFERRA Linen & Bath Sample Sale
• La Selva Designer Showcase
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
& 7 more below the jump
• Artemide Warehouse Sale
• Book Signing @ Conran Shop
• Eigen Arts Sale
• Brooklyn Indie Market
• A&D 3rd Thursday Late Nights
• David Weeks Sample Sale
• One of a Kind Show and Sale
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Moroso and Moss Warehouse Sale Warehouse and sample sale 25% to 75% off retail.
23 Greene Street New York City
11/7 & 11/8: 11am - 6pm
• Antiqueria Tribeca Warehouse Sale Our 10 Year Anniversary Warehouse Sale: Huge selection of French Art Deco furniture from the '30s and '40s. Many attributed to the great designers of the era. Dining tables and chairs, sideboards, desks, armoires, side and cocktail tables, lighting by Sabino, Murano, etc. Up to 70% off regular prices.
129 Duane Street, New York, New York 10013
11/5: 11am - 7pm
11/6: 11am - 7pm
11/7: 11am - 7pm
11/8: 12pm - 5pm
• Bauhaus 1919-1933: Workshops for Modernity MoMA's first major exhibition since 1938 on the subject of this famous and influential school of avant-garde art.
The Museum of Modern Art | 11 West 53 Street New York, NY 10019
11/8 - 1/25/2010
• M2L Moving Sale Popular pieces from Baleri Italia, Walter Knoll, Hoffmann, Artifort and more will be discounted from 45% - 75% off as M2L plans a move to a larger space in January.
215 East 58th Street, Second Floor
Now - 12/15: Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6pm (Friday afternoons - please call first: 212.832.8222)
• Vintage Poster Show & Auction Poster Auctions International will offer more than 500 lots of rare, vintage posters in its semi-annual auction of Art Nouveau and Art Deco masterpieces in its 49th semi-annual auction, Soaring Posters. Drawing from a host of stellar private collections from around the world, the variety and quality of posters in this sale is unmatched in today's market. All items are on view, open and free to the public.
601 W. 26th Street
ON VIEW: 10/23 - 11/7
• Simon's Century Celebration Sale To celebrate 100 years of business, Simon's Hardware and Bath is having a special, one week only sale. Consumers, architects, designers, contractors will save on everything in the store, every lockset, knob, hinge, faucet, sink, tub and tile. $100 off every $330 spent in the store — spend $660 and Simon's will take $200 off, etc. Save on every brand, from Dornbracht, Grohe, Valli & Valli to Toto, Cool Lines, Colonial Bronze and Omnia. More than a hundred of the top names in decorative hardware, kitchen. bath and tile.
3 Avenue and 29th Street
10/31 - 11/7
• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future The first retrospective of this architect's career, which was one of the most prolific, unorthodox, and controversial in the history of 20th-century architecture.
Program of Events
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 Fifth Avenue (at 103rd Street) New York City
11/10 - 1/31/10
• Swann Galleries Travel Poster Auction Swann Galleries' annual auction of Rare & Important Travel Posters offers an unusually large group of British images — more than 45 — as well as a broad selection of posters promoting destinations all over the world, and travel via airplanes, ocean liners and trains.
Swann Galleries | 104 East 25th Street New York, NY 10010
ON VIEW: 11/14: 10am - 4pm, 11/16 & 11/17: 10am - 6pm, 11/18: 10am - 12pm
AUCTION: 11/18: 1:30pm
• Atocha Design Sale 15% off all cabinet orders for 10 days. Atocha Design makes custom cabinets designed to hold your music collection, and specializes in record cabinets for vinyl collectors. Each piece is made to order and is final sale.
10/30 - 11/8
• Kartell Lighting Sale All lighting 15% off at Kartell Flagship Stores.
New York | 39 Greene Street New York, New York
10/24 - 11/15
• SFERRA Linen & Bath Sample Sale 60%-80% off comforters, pillows, blankets, sheets, duvets, matelasse, throws, decorative pillows, table linens, towels, bathrobes, and more.
Inside Chelsea Market | 75 Ninth Avenue (between 15 - 16th Streets)
11/4 - 11/8: 10.30am - 7pm daily
• La Selva Designer Showcase '09 The estate grounds of La Selva's 25 acres provide for a resort style of living and are located in the prestigious incorporated village of Upper Brookville, Long Island. The old world craftsmanship of La Selva (circa 1915) combines beautifully with the creativity of over 35 notable interior designers who will participate in Designers' Showcase '09 showing "how yesterday's architecture is compatible with today's lifestyle".
10/3 -11/15: Closed Mondays
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale Choose from a wide selection of Thos. Moser furniture at reduced prices, all available for immediate purchase. This Special Savings Event is a rare opportunity to select from a large collection of floor models, one-of-a-kinds, not-quite-perfect, and first-quality pieces...all waiting to be taken home without waiting the standard lead time for pieces to be built and delivered. All sales at this event are on a first-come, first-served cash/credit and carry basis. We'll help you load them into your vehicle, or local delivery can be arranged on site (delivery charge will be based on destination address).
83 Wooster St. (Soho), New York, New York 10012
Open until early December: Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm; Sun: 12pm-6pm
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Artemide Warehouse Sale Up to 80% off. Incredible bargains on lighting by world famous designers from Artemide and Rezek product lines. Large assortment of new discontinued, reconditioned, production seconds and "as-is" showroom samples, including the famous Tizio and Tolomeo lamps.
1980 New Highway, Farmingdale, New York 11787
11/13 & 11/14: 10am - 5pm
11/15: 10am - 3pm
• Book Signing @ Conran Shop Ingrid Abramovitch will sign copies of her new book, Restoring a House in the City.
The Conran Shop | 407 East 59th Street | New York | New York 10022
11/14: 3pm - 5pm
• Eigen Arts Sale Studio pottery sale samples, overstocks, handmade earthenware dishes, vases, planters, bowls, food-safe colorful glazes.
150 Bay Street 3rd floor, Jersey City, New Jersey 07302
11/15: 10am- 2pm
• Brooklyn Indie Market
11/14 - 11/15:11am - 7pm
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights For all who cannot come to the A&D Building during usual business hours to experience its top-tier showrooms featuring luxury kitchen & bath, appliances, tile & stone and home furnishings: Starting September 17th and continuing on the Third Thursday of each month through the end of 2009 the A&D Building will stay open late—until 8pm.
Architects & Designers Building | 150 East 58th Street (between Lexington & Third Avenues)
• David Weeks Sample Sale Annual sale includes great deals on lighting samples, prototypes and special editions. Chandeliers, standing lamps, wall sconces, desk lamps, hanging pendants & more.
12/4 - 12/5
• One of a Kind Show and Sale The best in fine art and fine craft from unique artists, artisans and designers from across North America. Each item for sale at the show will be made by hand, one piece at a time, and every artist represented will be in attendance. We have more than 200 artists signed on representing a variety of fields including home design, fashion, jewelry, painting, ceramics, glass, photography, plus much more.
Pier 94 | 711 12th Avenue New York, New York
12/10 - 12/13