• ASID LA Home Tour
• EKLA Home Sale
• Emeco Sale
• George Smith Sale
• Huntington Library Spring Plant Sale
• Montana Avenue Sidewalk Sale
• LA Modernism Lecture
• Jamison Carter & WORKSTEAD
• BoConcept Space-Saver Sale
• BRASWELL Floor Model Sale
• Kristen Wicklund @ Heath
• 'Rooms' @ Scion
• Rejuvenation Sale
• Wexel Art Sale
details & 7 more below the jump…
scroll down for details
• Matteo Sample Sale
• LAMA Auction
• Heath Ceramics Open Studio
• Hollywood Hills Estate Sale
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA
• SMMoA Tour da Arts
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• ASID LA Home Tour A self-guided tour of five beautiful Westside homes designed by members of LA chapter of American Society of Interior Designers. Proceeds of the tour will benefit PATH, a Los Angeles nonprofit organization dedicated to helping homeless individuals and families find work, save money, secure housing, and empower their lives. Tickets.
5/16: 9.30am - 5pm
• EKLA Home Sale 25% our regular retail prices for all orders on our open line collection.
EpoxyGreen | 2434 Lincoln Boulevard, 3rd Floor Venice, California 90291
Lost & Found | 6314 Yucca Street Los Angeles, California 90028
Now - 5/22
• Huntington Library Spring Plant Sale Vegetables, fruit and ornamental plants. In order to present the widest variety possible, quantities of each are limited and popular items may sell out quickly. Arrive early for the best selection, and bring a wagon or cart to carry your purchases.
MEMBERS' PREVIEW SALE: 5/15: 10:30 am - 4:30pm
PUBLIC SALE: 5/16: 10:30 am - 4:30pm
• Montana Avenue Sidewalk Sale Participating Montana Avenue stores offering anywhere from 15% - 80% off merchandise on sale racks/tables on the sidewalk, or in-store.
Montana Avenue shopping district — from 7th to 17th Street in Santa Monica
5/15: 10am - 6pm
• Hammer Lecture | LA Modernism Thomas S. Hines is Professor Emeritus of History and Architecture at UCLA, where he teaches urban and architectural history. Hines will discuss his new book, Architecture of the Sun: Los Angeles Modernism, 1900-1970, published by Rizzoli.
Hammer Museum | 10899 Wilshire Boulevard Los Angeles, California 90024
• Jamison Carter & WORKSTEAD Exhibition of new work by LA artist Jamison Carter and Brooklyn-based architecture firm WORKSTEAD.
Specific | 7374 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
5/1 - 5/29
• BoConcept Sale Save big on multifunctional designs for small spaces like the ottoman that converts to a twin bed, expandable dining tables and functional coffee tables with storage space and rising panels.
2 Southern California BoConcept Stores
5/1 - 6/15
• BRASWELL Floor Model Sale "One of a kind" furniture, antiques and select custom upholstered items are 20% off.
6025 Washington Boulevard Culver City, California 90232
4/27 - 5/15: Tues-Sat 10am - 6pm
• Kristen Wicklund @ Heath Ceramics Kristen's first solo show features her largest installation to date — a sweeping 18 feet long by 11 feet tall composition comprised of 68 pieces of handmade porcelain lace, plus other wall pieces and crocheted porcelain candlesticks.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard (at Sierra Bonita) Los Angeles, California 90036
Now - 5/31
• 'Rooms' @ Scion A group exhibition curated by Roger Gastman that brings eight diverse artists together under one roof. Scion's 4,500-square foot Installation Space in Culver City will be built out and subdivided into eight individual spaces. Each space will be assigned to an artist, who will create a room from their imagination. In addition, the artist's work will be hung on the walls of their designated room, and be available to purchase. 'Rooms' will feature unique installations and new works by Kime Buzzelli, Adam Wallacavage, Dueling VHS, Chris Stain, Bill Daniel, Justin Van Hoy, Rocky Grimes, and Dan Monick with Caitlin Reilly.
Scion Installation Space | 3521 Helms Avenue (at National), Culver City, California 90232
OPENING: 4/24: 7pm - 10pm
4/24 - 5/15
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Drought Resistant Plant Festival Presented by the Los Angeles Cactus and Succulent Society, this festival aims to provide attendees with information about drought resistant gardening which will include workshops and guest speakers on a variety of topics and several landscape and display gardens. Vendors will be selling the plants employed in the exhibits found at the festival.
The Sepulveda Garden Center | 16633 Magnolia Boulevard Encino, California 91406
6/12: 9am - 5pm
6/13: 9am - 4pm
• Matteo Sample Sale Annual sample sale includes Matteo bedding and fashion.
912 East Third Street Los Angeles, California 90013
5/20 - 5/23: 10am - 7pm
• LAMA Auction The 20th Century Modern Art & Design Auction features 447 lots of Art, Design and Decorative Arts from 1920 to present, showcasing offerings from the A. Quincy Jones and Elaine K. Sewell Jones Estate and from the private collection of GLC Art Co. LLC, Gerard L. Cafesjian, President.
LAMA Showroom | 16145 Hart Street Van Nuys, California 91406
• Heath Ceramics Open Studio Join Heath Ceramics for tours, food, photos, raffle, kid activities, shopping and lots of good cheer at their annual Open Studio event. All inventory, with the exception of select gallery pieces, will be 15% off — includes first and second quality dinnerware, tile, the summer seasonal collection, as well as Heath's Homeware line of glassware, flatware, books, specialty food items, linens, planters, and more.
Heath Ceramics | 400 Gate 5 Road, Sausalito, California 94965
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard (at Sierra Bonita Avenue) Los Angeles, California 90036
5/21 - 5/23
• Hollywood Hills Estate Sale Mid-Century art and antique furniture and decorative items.
The Estate Sale Company Los Angeles
5/28 - 5/30
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale Showroom sale featuring discounts ranging from 20-40% off of seconds, samples and overstock.
3051 Rosslyn Street, Los Angeles, California 90065
6/5 & 6/6: 10am - 5pm
7/10 & 7/11: 10am - 5pm
8/7 & 8/8: 10am - 5pm
9/11 & 9/12: 10am - 5pm
• California Design Biennial @ PMCA The Fourth California Design Biennial highlighting the most significant and innovative designs being created in California.
Pasadena Museum of California Art | 490 East Union Street
OPENING RECEPTION: 7/17: 7pm - 10pm
7/18 - 11/1
• SMMoA Tour da Arts Santa Monica Museum of Art presents Cause for Creativity: Tour da Arts, Vol. 2 — An all-day cultural bike tour that begins at the museum and loops through the city of Santa Monica. Enjoy special programming, tasty treats, and other festivities along the way!
Santa Monica Museum of Art | 2525 Michigan Ave G-1 Santa Monica, California 90404
8/22: 2pm - 9pm
Image: Amy DeVault, Allied Member ASID photo by Brian Thomas Jones Photography
Send it to us. We publish every week: