The Weekend Guide: Sales & Events
• Marin Living: Home Tours
• Marin Home Tour Architect’s Forum
• SFMC+D Museum Store Sale
• Emeco Sale
• Haven Floor Sample Sale
• Ecohaus Grand Opening
• EKLA Home Sale
• BoConcept Space-Saver Sale
• San Francisco Decorator Showcase
• Rejuvenation Sale
• Wexel Art Sale
• The Marin Home Show
• Heath Ceramics Open Studio
• Capsule Design Festival
• Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Marin Living: Home Tours AIA San Francisco’s popular Home Tours program is expanding to Marin. The Marin Home Tour on May 15 is a rare chance to see a select number of modern residences open to the public for one day only. As the first series of its kind in the Bay Area, the annual tours promote a wide variety of architectural styles, neighborhoods, and residences — all from the architect’s point of view. Purchase Tickets.
TOUR HQ: Old Mill Elementary School | 352 Throckmorton Avenue in Mill Valley
5/15: 10am – 4pm
• Marin Home Tour Architect’s Forum An educational pre-tour panel where tour participants will learn more about the design, construction and overall costs related to the homes. Event sponsored by Ecohaus. Admission included with purchase of Home Tours ticket.
Ecohaus San Francisco | 1090 Bryant Street (at 9th) San Francisco, California
5/13: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
• SFMC+D Museum Store Sale Visit the San Francisco Museum of Craft+Design Museum Store for a great selection of books, jewelry, design, and craft items at up to 50% off. Limited quantities available.
San Francisco Museum of Craft+Design | 550 Sutter Street San Francisco, California 94102
5/7 – 6/4
• Ecohaus Grand Opening Sale Joining showrooms in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon, Ecohaus San Francisco is the newest one-stop shop for homeowners and building professionals seeking to invest in the best eco-friendly building and finishing materials in San Francisco. Take advantage of Grand Opening Sales and special pricing.
Ecohaus | 1090 Bryant Street (on the corner of Bryant and Ninth Avenue) San Francisco, California 94103
Now – 5/31
• San Francisco Decorator Showcase More than two dozen interior and landscape designers have transformed an elegant Presidio Heights mansion from the inside out for the West Coast’s must-see design event of the year. The beautiful French Normandy-style home is located on one of the most desirable blocks in San Francisco’s Presidio Heights and features three floors of living space. Tickets are available at the door and are $30
3450 Washington (between Laurel and Cherry Streets)
5/1 – 5/31:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday: 10am – 3pm (last entry)
Thursday and Friday: 10am – 7pm (last entry)
Sunday and Memorial Day: 11am – 4pm (last entry)
Monday: Closed (except Memorial Day)
• Local By Design Chronicle Books and Zinc Details are partnering to showcase local artists and their works in a two month exhibition entitled Local By Design. Chronicle Books, longtime publisher of local designers, artists, and writers, selected 80 titles to honor the importance and success of local authors, topics, and neighborhood favorites. Works from Bay Area author/artists like Petit Collage, McSweeney’s, Jason Munn, Meg Mateo Ilasco, Derek Fagerstrom and Lauren Smith will be on display and for sale at the Fillmore location of Zinc Details. Lisa Congdon, Clare Rojas and Josie Iselin will exhibit original artwork during the installation; and Rojas and Iselin will be present at the Opening Reception.
Zinc Details | 1905 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, California 94115
INSTALLATION:5/1 – 6/30
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• The Marin Home Show Meet the Bay Area’s most prestigious home and garden improvement companies and see hundreds of home and garden displays, including Andreas Stavropoulos’s “Think Tank” a 6′ x 10′ cargo trailer turned mobile design studio. Tickets $8
Marin Center Exhibit Hall & Fairgrounds Civic Center | San Rafael, California
5/22: 10am – 7pm
5/23: 10am – 6pm
• Heath Ceramics Open Studio Join Heath Ceramics for tours, food, photos, raffle, kid activities, shopping and lots of good cheer at their annual Open Studio event. All inventory, with the exception of select gallery pieces, will be 15% off — includes first and second quality dinnerware, tile, the summer seasonal collection, as well as Heath’s Homeware line of glassware, flatware, books, specialty food items, linens, planters, and more.
Heath Ceramics | 400 Gate 5 Road, Sausalito, California 94965
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard (at Sierra Bonita Avenue) Los Angeles, California 90036
5/21 – 5/23
• Capsule Design Festival A free outdoor festival celebrating Bay Area fashion, accessory and housewares designers. 140 independent designers presenting a full array of unique, painfully creative goods.
Hayes Valley Park | Octavia and Hayes Streets (Octavia between Fell and Grove & Linden between Octavia and Gough) San Francisco, California 94102
5/23: 11am – 6pm
• Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World) The installation — spanning thirty years of original paintings, drawings, notebooks, and sketchbooks — is being composed by Kalman as a creative context for her work. The exhibition expresses Kalman’s habits as a collector, walker, traveler, reader and maker of lists.
Contemporary Jewish Museum | 736 Mission Street (between 3rd and 4th Streets) San Francisco, California 94103
7/1 – 10/26
Send it to us. We publish every Thursday: