We've been seeing ads everywhere for the new Melrose Place on CWTV. Following last year's debut of the new 90210, it seems like remaking 1990s teen dramas is all the rage right now. We thought it would be fun to revisit the originals and see how the look of these shows has changed over the past couple of decades...
- 1 - 90210 then: This screenshot is from the first season, which debuted in 1990. Brenda's bedroom is a mix of patterns: plaid pillows, a Laura-Ashley-style print on the walls, and, of course, a pin-up board of magazine photos. Gotta love those stonewashed jeans!
- 2 - 90210 then: A giant computer! Remember when computers were as big as TVs? We sort of wish Jason Priestly still sported that ultra-sprayed mane of wavy locks, but we're definitely glad that vest is no longer in style.
- 3 - 90210 now: The interiors are a lot simpler, and the bedroom walls are painted in the neutral of the late 00s - a deep gray. The bedspread adds a very current yellow-and-gray color combo.
- 4 - Melrose Place then: In the first season of show (which debuted in 1992) the characters were supposed to be young singles just out of college. Billy's apartment definitely looks like he decorated it in 90s dorm furniture.
- 5 - Melrose Place now: The iconic pool remains, with the Southern California tile.
For more information about the new 90210 and Melrose Place (which premiers September 8), visit CWTV.com.
Photos: CBS - 90210 screenshots via Sling Blog, IMDB, Melrose Place screenshot via the Spelling Bee, CWTV