October is not only Color Month at Apartment Therapy — it’s also National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Since pink is about as colorful as it gets, here are pink products for the home whose purchase also supports breast cancer research and awareness.
If you are in the market for something pink to perk up your space, the manufacturers of the products pictured above all donate some portion of their proceeds to Breast Cancer research.
1. You’ll sleep well at night knowing that 20% of the profits from these hot pink embroidered sheets from Pine Cone Hill go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. $165
2.Orange 22, the makers of the limited edition Pink Flora end table, will donate $25 from the purchase price to breast cancer research. $849
3.Company C is donating 20% of sales from the 2’ x 3’ Karen’s Rug to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. $86
4.Flowers like, these daises, are a great—and non-committal—way to try out pink at home. ProFlowers will donate 10% of sales to Susan G. Koman for the Cure. $39.99
5.If you want to get a jump on your holiday shopping, Archipelago Botanicals “Ribbons of Love” Candle would make a great gift and Archipelago will donate 10% of profits to City of Hope and other research institutions dedicated to finding a cure for breast cancer.At Nordstrom, $29
6.The pink stand mixer from KitchenAid has been available for a while, but with pink kitchens having a surge in popularity, it’s fresh again. KitchenAid donates $50 from every purchase to Susan G. Komen as part of their Cook for the Cure Initiative. At Williams-Sonoma, $299.95
7. This gorgeous cream-colored cashmere blanket from Ralph Lauren is perfect for the staunchly anti-pink. Ralph donates 10% of the profits from this and the rest of his Pink Pony line to his Pink Pony Fund for breast cancer research. $495
8. Who among us couldn’t use more storage? 20% of the proceeds from these cute storage boxes from The MacBeth Collection (available in 6 patterns) go to the Cure Breast Cancer Foundation. A set of 5 is $68
9. 10% of the sales from select paint shades of Stark Paint by David Oliver go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. $31-$41/quart
10. Etsy designer nicolesuder is donating $1 from every sale of her chic hot pink frames to The National Breast Cancer Foundation. $12.99
Of course, if pink isn’t quite your style, but you still would like to support breast cancer research, you can donate to one of many foundations committed to eradicating this disease.
Check out the National Breast Cancer Awareness Month website for more details.