Name: Baby Hayden (Due in February)
Location: Federal Way, Washington
My husband is a huge Star Wars fan! Star Wars has some pretty colorful prints but we wanted to stay gender neutral, wanted a clean look and to keep it playful and not too mature-looking. We wanted the Star Wars theme, but didn't want to go overboard with it, so we added a gender neutral shape: moon and stars!
I handmade/pseudo made:
- The Death Star using a large, silver, Chinese paper lantern and modge-podged pieces onto the lantern.
- The Felt sun and moon garland. I traced the sun and moon shapes from basic internet clip art and individually used hem tape to keep the felt pieces on the string.
- The vinyl stars. I also used basic internet clip art using 3 different star shapes, and hand cut out the stars on grey vinyl paper from the craft store.
- The Star Wars mobile. Hallmark Gold Crown sells Star Wars Itty Bitties. I cut off the tags and used vintage looking safety pins to hang the pieces on string. Then hung them off of a ribbon-wrapped embroidery hoop.
- The Star Wars art print. Printed from clip art off the internet and mounted on colorful scrapbook paper!
- Name banner. Printed the baby's name on iron-on paper in grey, cut the letters out and ironed them onto the blank banner pieces.
Two close friend of ours (Jean Kiel and Thomas Fichtner) handmade the Wampa Rug!