- Brooklyn, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- There is a window in every room, and the tall ceilings! But really, having great natural airflow and light makes the space feel so comfortable and fresh! Also, having space for an office has been a luxury. We purchased desks on wheels so we would have the flexibility to quickly turn the room into a bedroom for all of our visitors. The desks simply push to the side and fit perfectly below our wall storage.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Continuously pare down your belongings to what you really need and want in your space.
2. Don't be afraid to add pops of color. We love keeping the walls light and airy, but adding touches of color through furniture and trinkets. (This is especially helpful in a rental apartment).
3. Curate as you move through life. Some of my favorite decorative elements were acquired while traveling or at random thrift stores I decided to stop in at on the weekends.