For those of you who like to wake up to a specific radio station in the morning and always have your iPhone nearby (we prefer the annoying beeping of our alarm clock to get our behinds immediately up and moving) the new TimeTuner clock radio app for the iPhone offers online streaming radio as an alarm option...
The $4.99 iPhone App TimeTuner operates using RadioTime, an Internet streaming radio service with a selection of tens of thousands of international radio stations, all updated in real time. TimeTuner can be programmed to use any of the 14,000 international radio stations as an alamr, or your favorite song, or an iPod playlist. And if you want an alarm tone instead of a song, there's also a set of alarm tones specifically created by composer Miguel Kertsman, each with its own characteristic chime inspired by international locations, including Zürich, Kyoto and Versailles.
TimeTuner seems specifically for the jetset, who regularly travel across time zones, advertised as the "ultimate clock radio application – whether for your nightstand at home, or in a hotel room across the globe." We're not sure about the claim (we haven't downloaded it yet ourselves, since we're neither jetsetters nor need a new alarm clock), but the features seem impressive enough for us to consider it next time we travel.
- International Radio by RadioTime: selection of over 14,000 radio stations from around the world, all updated in real time.
- Location Aware: Time settings adjust automatically when you travel, and local radio stations are always at your fingertips.
- Full iPod Integration: Go to sleep or wake up to any of your iPod playlists. Or set an individual song to be your wake up alarm sound.
- Unique Sleep Timer Scroll Bar: A scrollable time bar that lets you set your sleep time from 1 minute to 2 hours.
- Assignable Presets: Four easily accessible presets on the home screen which can be assigned to any radio station or iPod playlist for one-touch access to your favorite audio.
- Fail-Safe Mode: If the radio station stream you've chosen for your wake-up alarm is not available when your alarm goes off, a back up alarm choice is automatically activated.