Our appliances see a great deal of use around the home. They help us cook our food, clean our clothes or even humidify our rooms. Sometimes it's nice to give them a little time and attention and spiff them up, clean them out or maybe just read them a bedtime story — after all they do, it's well deserved!
Below you'll find some of our favorite tips from days gone by. Individually they're great in their own right, but arm yourself with the knowledge behind all of them and you'll be a cleaning machine!
• Front Loading Washing Machines and Mold: Front loading washing machines are everywhere these days, but they can get a little funky if your household isn't large enough to do necessitate doing laundry every day. Check out these tips to keeping it smell free.
• How To: Clean Stovetop using Car Wax: The top of your stove can see a great deal of icky and sticky messes and splatters. Try using car wax as a preventative to lessen the amount of elbow grease needed to remove them!
• How To: Clean Stove Burner Grates Without Chemicals: It only takes 2 ingredients to get the job done and the end result will leave you scrubbing less and having more free time instead! What could be better than that?
• How To: Clean Your Oven with Ammonia: Cleaning the inside of your oven is a dreaded task, but it doesn't have to be. See just how easy it is and you'll be frustrated you haven't done it sooner!
• 10 Tips To Make Your Dishwasher Run Better: These tips taken from the pros are all ones that should be in your dishwasher maintenance arsenal. This Kitchn post is a must read for sure!
• How To Clean & Sanitize Your Humidifier: As most are starting to pack away their humidifiers until winter, this can be a great opportunity to give them a deep clean before stashing them in the closet. It's super simple, not to mention inexpensive — check out the step-by-step tutorial over at Unplggd!
• How To: Get Rid of Refrigerator Odors: This simple trick takes full use of the odor harnessing powers of Baking Soda and takes it to the next level. Make sure and check the reader comments for even more odor busting ideas!
• How to Clean the Toaster: Of all the tips we've ever learned, this one has had the biggest impact on how we clean this particular appliance and left us thinkin — why didn't we think of that?!
(Images: As linked above)