Have you accumulated a supply of wine corks throughout the year? Possibly more rapidly now that holiday season is here? Here are some of our favorite festive – and green – ways to reuse them.
posted originally from: TheKitchn
- Use wine corks and salvaged wood as a cork board to display holiday cards, or give as a gift.
- Make these stitched coasters or trivets from Design*Sponge or try this framed trivet. Great for holiday parties or gifts.
- Adorn little gift bags of mulled wine spice mix.
- Turn them into place card holders. We like AT: SF's version and Danny Seo's Champagne interpretation.
- Try some of these Christmas tree ornaments from Indie Fixx.
- Channel your inner molecular gastronomist with a cork and wire holder for a special dish. Perhaps the Pheasant, Shallot, Cider, Burning Oak Leaves from the Alinea cookbook?
- Adorn holiday cards with wine cork stamps.
- String together to make a garland.
- Create a kitchy reindeer decoration.
- Donate to a recycling program like Korks 4 Kids.
Do you have any other favorite uses for wine corks?
Related: What is Corked Wine?