Top 10 Stylish Sectionals & Sofas From Austin and Beyond
There is seating that oozes style and sophistication and there are couches worthy of snuggling up on for a 3 hour nap, but finding a sofa that is both hip and comfy can be a challenge. Even worse, finding a sectional that meets that criteria and fits into a smallish space may seem impossible. It has been a while since we have featured sectionals, so we obligingly offer 9 sectionals + 1 convertible sofa . . .
The bumper sectional featured in our recent post on the best green paint stirred up so much interest that it was the inspiration for this updated list. We visited our favorite Austin furniture stores to seek out the best of the bunch locally, but all these sofas are also available at any retailer carrying these brands.
- Bumper Sectional by Younger – So comfortable and so perfectly styled with boxy, tufted cushions on the back and the option of tufted or not on the seat ($2530 and up). Younger is a domestic company that produces some of the best quality, detailed work for a realistic price.
- Astoria Sectional by American Leather – A two tone option available in fabric and leather with buttonless tufting (price varies).
- Bonnie and Clyde by Blu Dot – We love the name and the partnership of the two lean, mean loveseats that can also be used separately ($1868 and $1208).
- Jane Bi-Sectional by Gus Modern – Sturdy, solid and once again. . . tufted ($3235)
- Venice Sectional by American Leather – We sat on this sofa in a lovely caramel leather and it was like sitting on a melting pat of butter (or so we imagine). It’s pricey but spurge-worthy if you can swing it ($9360 as pictured).
- Circle Sectional by Younger – Sweet and sassy, this curved sofa creates an intimate conversation nook ($2979 and up).
- Grace Sectional by Younger- Simple and sinkable, as in sink-your-butt and leave it in the down cushions (approximately $3199).
- Carter Sectional by Gus Modern – Classic and clean, this sofa is always a good idea ($2780).
- Corbin Sectional by American Leather – A small scale sectional that is big on party seating (price varies from leather to fabric). We can imagine sparking conversation around this sofa at our next cocktail party.
- Flat Out Sofa by Blu Dot – Bonus sofa because we could not pass up this adorable convertible sofa that makes a guest room unnecessary (thank goodness). The details are killer, like French seams and cross-stitching, making us love Blu Dot even more ($1099).
Blu Dot and Gus Modern are available at IF+D, and it’s worth checking out their website just to read owner Kristen Bolling’s slightly sarcastic commentary.
Your turn . . . tell us your new sofa lust object or your long time couch love.