We took a quick jaunt to IKEA yesterday for a few essentials. No trip is just run-in, run-out, though, as we always wind up wandering around the place looking for ideas. One product that jumped out: the FÖRHÖJA wall shelf with drawers. The drawers come in wood or as glass containers - the latter are designed for storing and scooping flour/grains in the kitchen. We have a similar wood shelf with plastic drawers/handles (scored at a thrift store a few years back) that we use in our office for business cards, binder clips, pens, and other office supplies. We LOVE it. Other non-kitchen ideas for this great product:
- Office supply central (mentioned above)
- Bathroom stuff like make-up, cotton balls, Q-tips, etc.
- If there's room, hang in a large closet and use for socks and underwear
- Use as a vanity: hang a mirror above (or lean one on top) and store jewelry in the drawers
- For kids, store small toys out of sight
Any other ideas??
The FÖRHÖJA Wall Shelf runs $29.99 with wood drawers, and $34.99 with glass.