Wooden spoons are always controversial. If there's one thing that Apartment Therapy editors get asked about all the time, it's whether we prefer a broad, shallow bowl that's better for stirring, or if we like a deeper bowl for easier tasting. No matter where you fall on the matter, there's something out there for you. Here's hoping this year's annual guide saves you an argument or two in the kitchen.
Here are ten of our favorites on the market right now:
1. Wooden Spoon (above); $1.79 from the Web Restaurant Store: The 3/8th diameter handle makes it the perfect size for grabbing out of the drawer.
2. Wooden Spoon; $5.99 from Target: Bon Appetit called this spoon "the bad boy of the kitchen" and we agree. Plus, the hole at the end of the handle is nice for hanging.
3. Wooden Spoon; $9.48 from Wayfair: This was easy to use, with a nice deep bowl.
4. Wooden Spoon; $6.99 from Bloomingdales: Don't be fooled by this spoon's flashiness; it's a workhorse that will last for years.
5. Wooden Spoon; $2.25 from Ace Mart: This spoon's smooth shape will leave you wanting more, but its short stature packs a punch.
6. Wooden Spoon; $7.29 from eBay: A great take on a classic wooden spoon. It's made by monks in the Allegheny forest and their craftsmanship shines through.
7. Wooden Spoon; $6.99 from Amazon: Made of eco-friendly bamboo, this spoon is super lightweight, so your hand doesn't get tired while stirring risotto.
8. Wooden Spoon; $2.95 from Crate & Barrel: This spoon is a game changer with its sharp corner for scraping.
9. Wooden Spoon; $.99 from Culinary Depot: This years's budget pick under $1. What it lacks in heft it gains in cheekiness: the slightly upturned bowl tickles your palate every time.
10. Wooden Spoon; $3.95 from Crate & Barrel: Crate & Barrel made the list twice this year, with good reason. This wooden spoon has an extra thick handle to prevent unnecessary slips and splatters on the floor.