Our secret weapon for getting cleaning done: set a timer. Seriously, if we set a timer for say, 15 minutes to clean the kitchen floor, done! Then we'll reset for 10 minutes to reorganize a drawer, once again, finished in a flash. Sometimes we'll do the long form, set it for 45 minutes and knock out a big job.
It's a bit magical - the time flies, the chores get finished. Our theory for why it works so well: we stay focused on the job at hand because we know there is an end point coming up.
All we really know is that it works and we don't question good things...that said, this weeks top ten: timers.
- Old fashioned aluminum timer for $24.99.
- Oxo Good Grips digital for $14.99.
- Crowing Rooster for $39.99.
- Eva Solo Magnetic for $33.
- King Kong Girotondo for Alessi for $55.
- Big screen digital for $9.99.
- Mattia di Rosa for Alessi for $55.
- Classic Lux timer for $7.99
And, of course, the one on your stove!