Rainforest-themed jumperoos, tonka trucks and monster LEGO sets are all well and good for families who have Santa deliver under their tree at home. But what about for those of us travelling for the holidays? Here are some great present ideas for kids who must, post-Christmas, pack them into their carry-on.
1. Paperback picture books. Super light and long-lasting fun. For older kids who've passed regular picture books some time ago, try the Where's Waldo series, or a Tintin book.
2. T-shirts. Tend to shy away from character tees? This is the time to indulge a kids greatest fantasy — to have that t-shirt. Yes, Frozen. Yes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You know they'll love it.
3. Backpack. If they don't already own one, consider getting a cool kids backpack they can use on the way home.
4. Kids magazine subscription. Give the first issue on Christmas day, and they can keep receiving them throughout the year.
5. DVDs or CDs. If super pressed for space, DVDs and CDs can shed their cases and be packed into a multi-pack case.
6. Sticker/Paint/Activity books. If complete before flying home, they can be left behind.
7. Tickets to a movie, park or concert back home. Incredible presents don't have to be things, they can be experiences too! Consider giving as a gift tickets to the local zoo, or vouchers to see a movie.
8. Edible treats. No need to pack what you can eat! Make a stocking full of their favorite treats!
Do you travel, or have family that travel to you at Christmas time? What do you give? Share your ideas with our other travelling readers below!