White marble is pretty timeless, but it's definitely having a moment in the spotlight right now in kitchen and bathroom design. Pairing the beautiful natural stone with classic navy and brass makes for a modern classic look. The contrast between the light and dark colors and the pop of gold is simply beautiful.
Deeper pockets are usually involved when it comes to bright white marble (Maxwell explains how grayer Carrara is easier on the wallet). If you have the budget or you've been saving up, go for it! If you love the look but can't afford a complete overhaul, consider just splurging on a small bathroom vanity counter rather than the kitchen. Or if you want to freshen up the kitchen, splurge on the marble but then get your original cabinets painted instead of replacing them.
- Modern & clean lines in this kitchen featured by the Toronto Interior Design Group.
- Classic look with Emily Henderson's signature fun & vintage twist. Note in this look the original cupboards were just refinished and painted.
- White subway tile work well with the marble in this kitchen by Craig O'Connell Architecture featured on Houzz.
- Lots of natural light show off this kitchen by blogger Brittany Makes.
- Trendy meets traditional in this kitchen design by Sarah Richardson.
- For the white lovers with small pops of navy and brass in the lighting, seen in this kitchen from Style at Home.
- Big impact in a small space as seen in this bathroom design by Fiorella Design via Houzz.
- Love the luxe look in this bathroom designed by Meredith Huron.
- Old meets new in this bathroom featured in House & Home.