Trend Spotting: Gold and Brass in the Kitchen
About a year ago, Dabney revealed the transformation she had made to the world’s ugliest kitchen in the world’s ugliest condo. You all loved it… although you weren’t so sure about the gold cabinet hardware. “Gold knobs? Really?” one commenter asked. Fast-forward ten months, and I’m starting to see gold (and brass) toned hardware and fixtures creeping into kitchens everywhere. Dabney, you trendsetter, you.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
Besides validating Dabney’s choices, selecting gold fixtures will give your kitchen a certain je ne sais quoi. They’re warm and luxurious all at the same time, and look just as good in modern interiors as in traditional ones.
1 & 2. Brass hardware really shines against a wood countertop in this kitchen from Dwell.
3. Gold and graphic tiles — so modern yet luxurious. Idha Linhag for Svenskt Tenn, via My Scandinavian Home.
4. Subway tile paired with a gold faucet and hardware in a London kitchen by Charles Mellersh.
5. A gold sink is especially delicious with a concrete countertop, as seen in this kitchen from Jordens Arkitekter.
6 & 7. Kristin, of The Hunted Interior, transformed her kitchen on the cheap with gold hardware and a little chalkboard paint. Gold and black is always a winning combination.
8. Gold, marble and sage green are perfect in a kitchen photographed by Petra Bindel, via CocoCozy.
9. I love the gold accents in this kitchen — the gold toe kick is an especially nice touch. From House to Home.
10. Gold hardware adds a little pizazz to a traditional kitchen. Better Homes and Gardens via Jurnal de Design Interior.
MORE GOLD AND BRASS IN THE KITCHEN ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Brass, Copper and Gold in the Kitchen
(Images: as credited above)