The neon trend continues to gain momentum and we can see why — used well, neon looks cheerful and contemporary. While some designers, like Karim Rashid, are happy to saturate entire rooms in neon hues, the look often works best at home by choosing a few well-placed pieces. If you're looking to add an ultra-bright dose of color to your home, here are a few accessories to get you started.
1. A basement makeover in House Beautiful includes a variety of neon accessories, including pillows, art, and a hot pink bird figurine.
2. A William Wegman doodle on a hot pink pillow from Crypton, $40.
3. Set your drinks on these Skull and Crossbones coasters from 9SpotMonk. A set of 12 is $8.
4. Brighten up your utensil drawer with Sur La Table's green spatula, $10.
5. Menu's blue rubber vase looks great even without flowers, $40.
6. Neon silhouettes on sticky notes from Fred Flare hit two trends at once, $6.
7. Pretty, ribbon-like trivets from Menu, $23.
8. An adorable Alessi hedgehog to hold your paperclips, $24.
9. Add drama to your landing strip with this Indian-influenced doormat from Domus, $22.
10. Marimekko's classic Pieni Unikko pillow will stay in style long after the neon trend has passed, $37.
11. A bright bird welcomes visitors on this doormat from Domus, $45.
12. Neon green looks fresh on a walnut clock by Jonas Damon, $155.
Images: as linked above