It's time to dig through the boxes in the back of the attic and steam your finest, ugliest, Saint Nick knitwear in the name of overhead space.
Ugly Christmas sweater season has arrived and Alaska Airlines is celebrating with one of the greatest gifts — early boarding. Passengers flying Alaska, Virgin America, or Horizon Airlines are in for a treat on December 15th as the popular airline continues the countdown to Christmas on National Ugly Holiday Sweater day (yes, that's a thing).
Early boarding will be granted to those in-tune with the theme, and for added decoration, the airline will have holiday music in rotation during boarding throughout the month of December. Talk about ambiance!
"Travel during the holidays can be stressful for guests, especially those who do not travel often. This fun promotion not only allows guests to board early on that day, but gives people another opportunity to dust off that ugly holiday sweater hanging in the back of their closet," said Natalie Bowman, managing director of marketing and advertising at Alaska Airlines.
For travelers lucky enough to participate in Alaska Air's first annual ugly Christmas sweater promotion, be sure to hashtag #UglySweaterDay and #MostWestCoast when sharing your fun photos so those in social media land can begin gathering ideas for next year.
More travel (& ugly sweaters)
- 13 Cheap, Easy and Remarkably Ugly Christmas Sweaters You Can Totally Make
- JetBlue Is Having a Two-Day Sale, So Plan Those Winter Vacations Now
- Airlines Are Banning Smart Luggage—Here's Why
- Win Your Ugly Christmas Sweater Party With One of These 11 Outrageous Picks
- The Future of Travel: These Are America's Most Advanced & Modern Airports
h/t Travel + Leisure