Mouse pads are going the way of the dinosaurs and buying music on discs. Laptops with built-in trackpads are becoming standard while most desktop users have migrated to using pad-less optical mice or stand-alone trackpads. It's a shame, really; a one-of-a-kind mouse pad is a great way to inject some style to your desk at home or at the office.
Whether your style is glittery and gold or geometric and crisp, you can tailor your mouse pad to suite your style. Each of these bloggers did their own thing to existing mousepads (or trivets) using just fabric, paint, plastic lanyard or gold leaf.
• Cork Mouse Pad Edged in Gold Leaf, from Kitty Cotten
• Iron-On Covered Mouse Pad, from Going Home to Roost
• DIY Glitter Mouse Pad, from For Chic Sake
• Modern Geometric DIY Leather Mousepad, from Curbly
• Modge-Podged Fabric Mousepad, from Bridgey Widgey
• Spray-Painted Mouse Pad Makeover, from The Coloresque Blog
• Hand-Printed Mousepad, from Man Made DIY via Design Sponge
• Fabric Scrap Mouse Pad, from How Joyful
• Fabric-Covered Mouse Pad, from Jones Design Company
• Stitched Leather Mouse Pad, from Martha Stewart
(Images: As linked above)