Growing up my mother always kept a magnifying mirror on an extending arm in her bathroom. It provided hours of great fun as I examined every inch of my face up close, wondering if I really could be an alien with how weird it made me look. In my older years they've proved to be quite helpful as applying makeup without my glasses on can be quite tricky! Here's a few favorites:
1. Vintage Extension Mirror: for $229 from Restoration Hardware. This classic piece swings out away from the wall instead of expanding out and is an extra pretty piece.
2. Frack Mirror: for $4.99 from IKEA. This traditional model is great for personal grooming and comes in at less than the price of lunch.
3. Mirror Mate 15X Magnifying Suction Cup Mirror: for $14.99 from Bed Bath and Beyond. These small circles are easily stuck up anywhere you have room. Perfect for small spaces or even the inside of your medicine cabinet door.
4. Bronze Illuminated Double-Sided 1X/10X Magnification Mirror: for $59.99 from Bed Bath and Beyond. This table top version lights up to help shed a little light on things and has a great vintage feel.
5. Kimball & Young Single Sided LED Rectangular Wall Mirror: for $372 (on sale for $265.91) from Amazon. This simple shape is eco-friendly in it's light source and pulls away from the wall in a snap for close ups!