Outdoor garbage and recycling bins aren't known for being aesthetically pleasing, and a large, clunky black plastic bin doesn't exactly scream "curb appeal." That's where the Urbin from Ubisu comes in: it's a modern, modular storage solution for trash bins specifically designed for city dwellers with limited outdoor space. Made from cedar and high-grade aluminum, all the storage units are manufactured in North America from locally-sourced materials and flat packed for shipping.
For Ubisu's website:
Ubisu was conceived one evening during a stroll in a downtown Toronto neighbourhood. Company founder and city homeowner, Alana Charles, noticed that almost every house on her street had a very large garbage and recycling bin that was visible to a passerby. Due to the lack of storage space, bins were scattered on homeowners' front porches and lawns, ruining the exterior aesthetic of the house. Alana realized that the urban homeowner currently had few options to attractively store these bins other than traditional sheds, and wanted to offer an innovative, highly functional and compact solution that raised the aesthetic standard of the home, rather than just a disguise for the bin. Ubisu was born to fill that niche and to further create, source and design solutions to urban issues for local homeowners.
A few of the features include:
- Modular and compact design for homes with limited space
- Reversible door for space constrained properties
- Adjustable feet for uneven surfaces
- Minimal hardware required for easy assembly
- Weather protected
- Deterrent against unwanted urban wildlife and scavengers
- Optional locking mechanism
- Ability to secure unit to your property
- Can be used as a garden shed or for additional storage
Prices range from CA $699 for the single unit to CA $1,899 for the triple unit.
Buy It: The Urbin by Ubisu