Use Rubber Doorstops Instead of a Laptop Stand
By now you know that it’s important to elevate your laptop to keep it vented and cool. And if you’ve been a fan of Unplggd, you also know about a billion ways to inexpensively hack your own laptop stand. In the effort of bringing you all the best solutions for your home tech, here’s one more.
If you’re looking for something permanent to use as a laptop riser on your desk, there are more solid and better-looking solutions (like the $8 aluminum laptop stand).
But you should still keep this tip in your mental file.
The next time you find yourself working on-the-go with a quickly heating computer, look around for a few industrial rubber doorstops (we can see two from our office desk right now). You can use them to prop your laptop up at your optimal angle for an efficient and cool work session!
EVEN MORE DIY LAPTOP RISERS AND STANDS:
- DIY Project: The $8 Aluminum Laptop Stand
- In-Bed Laptop Riser From a Cheap Ikea Benjamin Stool
- A Slim Laptop Tray Made from a Serving Tray
- Roundup: 4 of Our Favorite Ikea Laptop Desk Hacks
- Make a Laptop Stand Out of Spare Cardboard
- Flickr Finds: Puzzle Laptop Stand
- Home Hacks: How To Make A Laptop Stand From A Coat Hanger