Baby, it's cold outside and there's nothing more inviting than a nice warm space to come home to. Warm and inviting can mean different things to different people — but to me, it's a comfortable and welcoming space with a place to kick up your feet.
Warm colors play a huge role in making a space an inviting one. It seems like orange, red, blue and whites are common colors in these type of spaces and that's a-okay with me! Those colors paired with fluffy pillows and warm woods — you're well on your way!
1. Tons of pillows, a faux fur-covered stool, a plush rug underfoot and lots of live plants are just a few of the elements making this living room spotted on Justina Blakeney warm and inviting.
2. Spring colors aren't just for spring months! Keep it cheery and happy all year long by adding fresh greens, warm yellows and more to your home. Spotted on My Home Ideas.
3. A warm and inviting home starts in your entryway, the first spot people see when they visit! So create a room that welcomes with warm colors and friendly furniture. Spotted on Living Etc.
4. Keep your table set with a warm array of your favorite dinnerware and seasonal centerpieces to make it seem like a dinner party is always around the corner. Photo found on Lonny Mag.
5. Dark wall colors and rich, jewel-toned furniture always make for a room that wraps its inhabitants with warmth. And a roaring fire doesn't hurt! Spotted on Rue Mag.
*Re-edited from a post originally published 12.12.11 - AB