When we think of slipcovers, we usually envision stretch-to-fit sofa covers for a beat-up old couch. The standard stretchy version can come in handy, but there are many other looks you can get with a slipcover for very little money...
There are also countless ways to put a slipcover to use, from a covered side chair to a TV cozy. We've rounded up five looks we love, and links to more information about how to make your own version of each:
- 1 Tumbling Blocks has a great how-to for slipcovering an inherited chair.
- 2 An antique sofa gets a similar treatment using fabric with linen tape.
- 3 Cover your IKEA furniture with custom-made Bemz slipcovers.
- 4 Martha Stewart provides step-by-step instructions for making a TV cozy.
- 5 The slipcovered headboard is another classic Martha project.