Lately a bevy of our friends have been getting married. When we have been lucky enough to be invited to view all of their sweet swag, we have been overcome with envy because of their amazing kitchen gadgets. We have assembled a list of five gadgets that we would love for someone to give us.
- KitchenAid 5 Quart Stand Mixer: This beauty is the mixer we have been dreaming of. Indestructible, steel, and heavy it still retains remarkable good looks on your counter. It comes with a wisk, dough hook, and flat beater so you can make things from excellent cakes or breads and even quiches. Additional attachments are sold that enable one to make homemade pasta, ice cream, and sausage to name a few.
- SousVide Supreme SVS-10LS: From salmon to steak, we have been unduly impressed with the meat the SousVide can crank out. The device works by heating vacuum sealed food to a precise temperature so you can cook it thoroughly. If you want steaks to turn out consistent and amazing every time, the SousVide is the ticket.
- Cuisinart Pro Classic: Cutting, chopping and pureeing, the Cuisinart is synonymous with making all of those tasks easier. Watching a friend make salsa in one was impressive due to the ease and speed with which they dispatched chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Blendtec Total Blender: This is the monster of all blenders, made famous due to the companies ridiculous yet humorous videos. We were super impressed when we saw a friend blend an entire bowl full of fruit into delightful smoothies. The ease and speed lead us to assume that it would be an excellent margarita machine too. Just remember, do not breathe electronics smoke.
- iPad: We have featured the iPad as a kitchen device over at our sister site kitchn. It is what we think might be the ultimate recipe book and would be a welcome addition. Heck people are even wall mounting them to make it easier pull things up when running about the kitchen in the evening.
There are some amazing devices out there that we want in our kitchen. Our tech obsession and love of cooking means that every time we see others with amazing kitchen tech we get jealous. If you want we would always take any of the items listed above...