Weekly Events Calendar: 08.09.06
Art & Design Events…
- August is a Hot Month at Apartment Therapy.
- International Gift Fair
- View the latest gifts and home furnishings from around the world!
- August 12th through 17th
- Jacob Javitz Convention Center and Passenter Ship Terminal Piers
- Opening Reception: Investigating Where We Live 2006: Shop Til You Drop
- A comparison of two of New York’s prominent shopping districts: Ladies’ Mile in Manhattan, and the Fulton Street Corridor in Brooklyn.
- Wednesday, August 9, 6- 8pm
- Municipal Arts Society, 457 Madison Avenue (East 51st St.) 212.935.2075
- Eames Lounge Chair: An Icon of Modern Design
- Through September 3rd
- Museum of Arts and Design, 40 W. 53rd St. 212.956.3535
- Collage and Assemblage works by new and veteran artists
- Through August 18th
- Barbara Gladstone Gallery, 515 W 24th St, 212.206.9300
- From Wood to Architecture
- Photos and models of 17 wood dominated buildings in Finland
- Through August 25th
- The Scandinavia House 58 Park Ave. (38th St.) 212.879.9779
- The High Style of Dorothy Draper: New York’s Decorating Maven
- Pioneer of Interior Design from 1925-1960. Approaching design as entertainment, Dorothy Draper was named the most influential tastemaker of the time in America.
- Through September 10th
- Museum of the City of New York, 1220 5th Ave, (103rd St.) 212.534.1672
Published: Aug 9, 2006