Weekly Events Calendar: 11.08.06
Art & Design Events…
- Eva Zeisel at 100: A Lifetime of Masterwork in Design
- Featuring nearly 100 original pieces of innovative design, in ceramics, furniture, glassware, metal, and textile designs from Zeisel’s personal collection. Eva’s 100th birthday on November 13, 2006.
- Through November 18th
- Pratt Manhattan Gallery, 144 West 14th St
- Alternative Landscape Components: A New Land Art
- A radical new direction in Dennis Oppenheim’s work, involving highly artificial, manmade landscapes of trees, hedges and flowers that clash with and comment on the natural landscape.
- Today is the last day!
- The Arsenal, 5th Ave. and 64th St., AND large scale outdoor installations at Thomas Paine Park/Foley Square, 212.360.8163
- Artists Talk on Art: Art Auction and Gala Benefit
- Auction 0f over 200 works of art donated from Christo and Jean Claude, Claes Oldenberg, Andy Warhol Fdn—to fund digitizing the archive of conversations well known artists about their journeys as artists since 1975
- November 13th, 6pm, $40 in advance
- Chelsea Art Museum 556 West 22nd St.
- Crossing Boundries: A Global Vision of Design
- Vicente Wolf’s reads from his new book, does slide show and Q&A, sponsored by DWR and Waterworks.
- November 9th, 5-7pm
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 903 Broadway (at 20th Street)
- Judith Miller’s Own Antique Road Show
- Miller will discuss her own collection and then appraise antiques brought by attendees
- November 16th
- 92nd St. Y, 1395 Lexington Avenue.
- P.A.N. [Progressive Architecture Network] Exhibition
- Work of five, young, international architecture firms
- Through December 2nd
- Frederieke Taylor Gallery, 535 West 22nd Street, 6th Fl.
- More than thirty installations made with canned food
- November 9th through 22nd
- The New York Design Center, 200 Lexington Ave. at 32nd St.
Published: Nov 8, 2006