Weekly Events Calendar: 7.18.07
Art & Design Events…
- AT Events
- This month , AT’s newest site–AT Green–launches in honor of Green Home Month!
- Grand Opening of Sprout Home
- Just in from Chicago! Store #2 for Sprout. Check out a cool new home addition to our local lineup. They’re open now…
- 44 Grand St. Brooklyn 718.388.4440
- Design Within Reach’s Life Defined Design Series
- Exhibit of the photography of Dalton Rooney
- July 19th 6:30-9:30pm refreshments, including beer by Sixpoint Craft Ales, will be served. Exhibit runs through August 14th
- DWR Brooklyn Studio, 76 Montague St., rsvp: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tropism: A Commonwealth vs. Joshua Davis Exhibition
- Ground-breaking artist, designer and technologist Joshua Davis teams up with product architecture pioneers Commonwealth, in a digital-analog face-off which pits traditional artistry against the latest in state-of-the-art design technology, as for the first time in recorded history, stereolithographic printing (the computer-controlled process that “prints” objects in three dimensions) is applied to traditional porcelain production.
- Through July 22nd
- Espeis Gallery, 90 Wythe Avenue (N. 11th St.) Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- Design Life Now: National Design Triennial 2006
- The third Triennial brings together the experimental designs and emerging ideas—including animation, new media, fashion, robotics, architecture, product, medical, and graphic design—at the center of American culture from 2003 to 2006.
- Through July 29th
- Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. East 91st and 5th Ave.
- One of a Kind: The Studio Craft Movement
- 50 works from the Metropolitan’s collection includes furniture, ceramics, glass, metalwork, jewelry, and fiber.
- Through September 3rd
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- “Design for the Other 90%”at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum
- Designers’ affordable and socially responsible products with a focus on water, shelter, health and sanitation, education, energy and transportation
- Through September 23rd
- Cooper Hewitt Museum, 2 East 91st St.
Published: Jul 18, 2007