Weekly Events Calendar: 09.05.07
Art & Design Events…
- Bergman & Antonioni Film Posters Exhibit
- Posteritati exhibits vintage posters from Bergman & Antonioni films
- October 2nd through January 31st
- 239 Centre Street, 212.226.2207
- Housing Works Open Air Book Fair
- Tens of thousands of books, records and CDs marked down to a dollar!
- September 29th, 10am-6pm
- Crosby Street (between Broadway and Lafayette)
- The Shapes of Space
- Exploring the various ways in which artists from the early 20th century through the present have conceived of and represented space.
- Today is the last day…
- Guggenheim Museum, 1071 Fifth Avenue (89th St.)
- Domino Design Bazaar
- Home Vendors, savings on select items, decorating, entertainment and cooking classes.
- October 11th through 14th
- 275 Hudson St. @ Spring St.
- The Great Cover-up: American Rugs on Beds, Tables, and Floors
- Exhibit of 65 rugs that span the end of the 18th through the mid-20th centuries, including several monumental masterworks.
- Through September 9th
- American Folk Art Museum, 45 West 53rd St. 212.265.1040
- Dining, Wine and Design at DWR
- Sample wines from around the world while test driving chairs
- Tonight! 5-7pm (and every Wednesday through September 26)
- DWR NYC – Tribeca Studio, 124 Hudson St, 212.219.2217
- “Museum of World Wonders: Cabinet of Curiosities”
- Takeshi Yamada’s fantastical creations—including a Canadian hairy trout, a sea rabbit and a six-foot-long Fiji mermaid—are usually only on display at circus sideshows, but you can catch a glimpse
- Through January 1st, 2008
- Brooklyn Public Library, 1901 Mermaid Ave at W 19th St Coney Island, 718.265.3220
- Liquid Sky at PS1
- Viewer is submerged in kaleidoscopic patterns of color created by sunlight filtering through an array of translucent, tinted Mylar petals that resemble blossoming flowers of stained glass.
- Through September 8th
- P.S.1, 22-25 Jackson Ave, Long Island City
- “Design for the Other 90%”at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum
- Designers’ affordable and socially responsible products with a focus on water, shelter, health and sanitation, education, energy and transportation
- Through September 23rd
- Cooper Hewitt Museum, 2 East 91st St.
Published: Sep 5, 2007