Weekly Events Calendar: 10.03.07
Art & Design Events…
- Open House New York
- Annual rare chance to get into hundreds of insides!
- October 6th-7th
- All 5 boroughs.
- ReadyMade’s NY Debut
- A Celebration with cocktails, tapas, custom bag and clock workshop
- October 17th, 6-9pm
- 408 14th St., 212.551.6981
- Conran Shop Hosts Metropolitan Home’s “Who’s Next?”
- Exhibit of innovative products, designs, and up-and-coming designer and architects
- October 23rd through 31st
- 407 East 59th. 212.755.9079
- A Psychic Vacuum
- Mike Nelson has created a 16,000 sq ft art installation in one of the unused buildings of the Essex Market.
- Through October 28th, Friday through Sunday, 12-6pm
- 117 Delancey St. at Essex Street
- The Reclaimers
- Four young designers who use reclaimed wood in their designs present their work and answer questions.
- October 4th, 6-7:30pm
- Museum of Arts and Design, 40 West 53rd Street, 212.956.3535
- The Fluid Contemporary Interior
- Susan Yelovich, author of Contemporary World Interiors proposes the idea of the blurring boundaries between public and private space around the world
- October 4th
- Teresa Lang Center, Parsons School of Design, 55 West 13th St., 6:30-8pm
- Bergman & Antonioni Film Posters Exhibit
- Posteritati exhibits vintage posters from Bergman & Antonioni films
- October 2nd through January 31st
- 239 Centre Street, 212.226.2207
- Domino Design Bazaar
- Home Vendors, savings on select items, decorating, entertainment and cooking classes.
- October 11th through 14th
- 275 Hudson St. @ Spring St.
- “Museum of World Wonders: Cabinet of Curiosities”
- Takeshi Yamada’s fantastical creations—including a Canadian hairy trout, a sea rabbit and a six-foot-long Fiji mermaid—are usually only on display at circus sideshows, but you can catch a glimpse
- Through January 1st, 2008
- Brooklyn Public Library, 1901 Mermaid Ave at W 19th St Coney Island, 718.265.3220
Published: Oct 3, 2007