NY Weekly Events Calendar: 01.09.08
Art & Design Events…
- AT Events: January Jumpstart Contest is underway!
- Students from around the country to offer their best ideas on how to demonstrate new and alternative design solutions that simply work better
- Entries due February 9th
- The contest is open to students at any of the National Association of Schools of Art & Design-accredited degree programs or individual student members of IDSA.
- Design historian and former vice president for communications at Herman Miller John Berry moderates a discussion with Richard Wright, director of Wright20 auction house; and Eames Demetrios, filmmaker, artist, and director of the Eames Office Gallery.
- January 13th, 3-5pm
- The Noguchi Museum 9-01 33rd Road at Vernon Blvd., Long Island City, 718.204.7088
- Designers Jeffrey Bernett and Nicholas Dodziukto discuss their design process and partnership with DWR. A Flight Recliner will be raffled and select upholstered items will be 15% through January 29th.
- January 9th, 7-–9pm, Wine and refreshments will be served.
- DWR SoHo Studio, 142 Wooster St. (between Prince and Houston), 212.475.0001
- More than 75 exhibitors displaying furniture, paintings, books, silver, garden ornaments, medieval manuscripts, arms and armor, jewelry, clocks, textiles, and more, with proceeds benefiting East Side House Settlement.
- January 18th through 27th, The opening night party will be held on January 17th
- The Park Avenue Armory (7th Regiment Armory), 643 Park Ave. between 66th & 67th Sts.
- More than one hundred exhibitors displaying and selling folk art, period furniture, architectural artifacts, pottery, glass, ceramics, hooked rugs, flatware, mirrors, weathervanes, and more.
- January 18th through 20th
- 69th Regiment Armory, Lexington Ave. at 26th St. A free shuttle service will move antiques lovers between the two armories.
- Based on elements derived from traditional Japanese architecture, Shigeru Ban’s designs are ecologically sensitive–from temporary paper structures to permanent urban structures.
- January 22nd (Reservations begin January 2nd)
- The Great Hall, The Cooper Union, Cooper Square, 212.353.4100
- Posteritati exhibits vintage posters from Bergman & Antonioni films
- Through January 31st
- 239 Centre Street, 212.226.2207
Published: Jan 9, 2008