• Distinctive Chesterfields Sale
• Vastu '$500 or Less' Art Exhibit
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery
• Chris Rucker @ Industry Gallery
• Washington Design Center's Design House
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY
• Eskayel Sale
• Royal Copenhagen Free Shipping
• Charles P. Rogers Clearance Sale
• YLiving Herman Miller Sale
• OfficeDesigns.com Herman Miller Sale
• Lightology Offer
• Traveler Sale @ The Container Store
• Drawing Toward Home
• BoConcept Space-Saver Sale
• Wexel Art Sale
• Conran Shop Summer Sale
• ASID Summer Spruce Up
• Piazza Flea Market
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Distinctive Chesterfields Sale 25% off everything at Distinctive Chesterfields. Pick any handmade chesterfield sofa, club chair, wing chair, chaise longue, study chair and stool from our extensive range of handcrafted original English leather chesterfield style furniture and save a massive 25% off your order*. We ship worldwide and our furniture is created bespoke to order using the highest quality locally sourced renewable materials, full-aniline leathers and hardwood beech frames. *Excludes delivery
Now - 6/30
• Vastu '$500 or Less' Art Exhibit Vastu presents its first "$500 or Less" exhibition offering Photography, Wall Sculpture, Painting, and Mixed-Media. Original artwork at affordable prices. The show includes artists Brian Petro, Kristina Bilonick, DeMarquis Johnson, Colin Winterbottom, Rose Minetti, Gabriel J. Shuldiner and Allen Russ.
Vastu | 1829 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
6/15 - 8/19: Tues - Sat 11am to 7pm, Sun noon to 5pm (closed Mondays)
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery Join the Corcoran on Saturdays this summer for Gallery tours, workshops, demonstrations, and performances! Enjoy our summer exhibitions and programming free of admission Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Corcoran Gallery of Art |500 17th Street NW Washington DC 20006
Saturdays: 5/29 - 9/4
• Chris Rucker @ Industry Gallery The first solo U.S. exhibition for New York-based designer Chris Rucker whose design ethos is rooted in the use and reuse of simple and humble material. His principal medium is oriented strand board (OSB) and his design aesthetic weds the asceticism of Donald Judd with the rule-based principles of Sol LeWitt, to yield what Rucker calls "a rectilinear vocabulary."
Industry Gallery | 1358 Florida Avenue NW 2nd floor Washington, DC 20002
5/15 - 7/3
• The Washington Design Center's Design House The 2010 Design House — The Hall of Fame House — residing within The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers an entrée into the world of high-end home décor. This year's eight-room design house will be designed by well-known WDC Hall of Fame Designers.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
5/21 - 12/4
• S.L.Smith @ RCKNDY 'Experiments & Narratives' featuring the work of Sarah Smith — her new collection uses a collection of collage materials on canvas along with a mix of ink, acrylic paints, chalk pastels and oil pastels.
RCKNDY | 1515 U Street NW Washington DC 20009
OPENING RECEPTION: 5/7: 7pm - 9pm
5/7 - 6/20
• Charles P. Rogers Clearance Sale A wide selection of wood, leather and iron beds and daybeds available at substantial savings over their made to order prices, as well as free shipping for orders of $198 or more. Clearance items will be posted on charlesprogers.com that are only available online and not in stores.
6/8 - 6/23
• YLiving Herman Miller Sale All Herman Miller products are 15% off. While all authorized Herman Miller retailers are eligible to hold the sale, only YLiving offers: Free shipping on all orders over $50, No sales tax.
6/4 - 6/14: Online
• Traveler Sale @ The Container Store The Container Store is excited to introduce our NEW 2010 Luggage Collection of durable yet exceptionally lightweight luggage and travel organizers. Every item weighs 9½ pounds or less, which is crucial when trying to avoid those luggage fees — all on sale.
Now - 6/27
• Drawing Toward Home Drawing Toward Home: Designs for Domestic Architecture from Historic New England features 100 drawings from renowned architectural offices such as McKim, Mead & White; Peabody & Stearns; and Little & Browne, as well as lesser-known architects. A total of nearly 200 years of design inspiration for the home — from the Federal to the International Style — can be gleaned from this engaging survey of domestic architecture from the collections of Historic New England.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
2/13 - 8/15
• BoConcept Sale Save big on multifunctional designs for small spaces like the ottoman that converts to a twin bed, expandable dining tables and functional coffee tables with storage space and rising panels.
3 DC & Mid-Atlantic BoConcept Stores
5/1 - 6/15
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Conran Shop Summer Sale Save up to 50% on select outdoor furniture and accessories. Save 15% on all furniture — in-stock and new orders. Some restrictions apply.
• ASID Summer Spruce Up The Washington Metro Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) is announcing another opportunity for Washington area home- and business-owners to consult with a professional interior designer. Summer Spruce Up pairs consumers with ASID designers for a one- or two-hour, in-home or -office consultation for the promotional, below-market rate of $100 per hour. Online registration.
ONLINE REGISTRATION BEGINS: 6/20: 9am
• Piazza Flea Market
The Piazza at Schmidt's | 2nd Street & Germantown Avenue (Below Girard) Northern Liberties, Philadelphia
7/24 & 7/25
8/28 & 8/29
Image: Distinctive Chesterfields
Send it to us. We publish DC sales and events each Thursday: