• Upholstery & Rug Sale @ DWR
• Chartreuse & Co. Tag Sale
• Serena & Lily Sale
• Charles P. Rogers Bed Sale
• Vastu '$500 or Less' Art Exhibit
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery
• Washington Design Center's Design House
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store
• Viva Terra Furniture Sale
• Lightology Special
• Alessi Sale
• FilzFelt Sale
• BoConcept Semi-Annual Sale
details & 4 more below the jump…
scroll down for details
• Piazza Flea Market
• Palladio and His Legacy @ NBM
• Pop Culture Art Auction
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Chartreuse & Co. Tag Sale 4 vintage buildings full of new and vintage furniture and home accessories, architectural salvage, art, jewelry, and garden decor just waiting to go home with you!
Chartreuse & Co. | 4007a Buckeystown Pike Frederick, Maryland 21704
8/20: 9am - 5pm
8/21: 9am - 5pm
8/22: 12pm - 5pm
• Vastu '$500 or Less' Art Exhibit Vastu presents its first "$500 or Less" exhibition offering Photography, Wall Sculpture, Painting, and Mixed-Media. Original artwork at affordable prices. The show includes artists Brian Petro, Kristina Bilonick, DeMarquis Johnson, Colin Winterbottom, Rose Minetti, Gabriel J. Shuldiner and Allen Russ.
Vastu | 1829 14th Street, NW Washington, DC 20009
6/15 - 8/19: Tues - Sat 11am to 7pm, Sun noon to 5pm (closed Mondays)
• Free Summer Saturdays @ Corcoran Gallery Join the Corcoran on Saturdays this summer for Gallery tours, workshops, demonstrations, and performances! Enjoy our summer exhibitions and programming free of admission Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
Corcoran Gallery of Art |500 17th Street NW Washington DC 20006
Saturdays: 5/29 - 9/4
• The Washington Design Center's Design House The 2010 Design House — The Hall of Fame House — residing within The Washington Design Center, provides lifestyle-conscious consumers an entrée into the world of high-end home décor. This year's eight-room design house will be designed by well-known WDC Hall of Fame Designers.
The Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW Washington DC
5/21 - 12/4
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store Space-saving solutions from around the store will be on sale to help you take control and get organized this summer! Free in-store demonstrations on organizing the home every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm & 4pm from 7/3 - 8/1. Container Store will give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration.
In stores and online.
6/28 - 9/6
• Upholstery & Rug Sale @ DWR Save 15% on sofas, sectionals, sleepers, ottomans and armchairs as well as rugs and runners. Orders of $3,000 or more will be upgraded to White Glove delivery service.
DWR Studios and online.
8/5 - 8/31
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Piazza Flea Market
The Piazza at Schmidt's | 2nd Street & Germantown Avenue (Below Girard) Northern Liberties, Philadelphia
8/28 & 8/29
• Palladio and His Legacy: A Transatlantic Journey 31 rare drawings by Palladio from the outstanding collection of the Royal Institute of British Architects Trust. the exhibition examines the development of Palladio's design sensibility through his drawings and his architectural texts. The exhibition also includes detailed architectural models, created and loaned by renowned modelmaker Timothy Richards, which demonstrate the spread of Palladio's architectural theories to America, most notably through the work and influence of Thomas Jefferson and in designs for monumental buildings in Washington DC.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW Washington DC 20001
9/2 - 1/9
• Pop Culture Art Auction Freeman's Auctioneers and Appraisers is pleased to announce its new Pop Culture Department, specializing in sports, music and entertainment memorabilia, along with new emerging markets such as Punk and Hip Hop, Designer Toys, Street Art, and more. We will be holding three auctions per year and will include both contemporary and classic material.
Freeman's | 1808 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Image: DWR | Anni Albers Rug
Send it to us. We publish DC sales and events each Thursday: