• Oak Park Estate Sale
• 1154 LILL Warehouse Sale
• Revision Home Warehouse Event
• Alexander Calder @ MCA
• McGuire Furniture Fall Sale
• Seating & Dining Sale @ DWR
• Baker Furniture Sale
• Loll Design Sale @ YLiving
• Grange Sale
• Serena & Lily's Bazaar
• Seltzer Studios Sale
• Loll Kids Sale @ Clever Tomato
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• EcoSmart Fireplace Sale
• Viva Terra Furniture Sale
• Cuddledown Pillow Sale
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home
details & 8 more below the jump…
scroll down for details
• Knoll Space Annual Sale
• Jayson Home & Garden Fall Flea Market
• Randolph Street Market Festival
• Architecture Fantasy Camp at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
• Historic Berwyn's Bungalow Tour
• Cornucopia Fall Fest & Craft Fair
• Floral Classes @ Sprout
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Oak Park Estate Sale Nothing but Mid-Century Modern at this estate sale! The estate of a Danish-American woman who knew good design and began collecting in the 1950s: Bertoia, Knoll, Risom, Eames, Nelson, Herman Miller, Dansk, Dux, ScandanavianDesign and more! Checks or cash only.
Amazing Space | 434 Lenox, Oak Park, Illinois 60302
9/18 & 9/19: 11am - 5pm
• Alexander Calder @ MCA Alexander Calder and Contemporary Art: Form, Balance, Joy pairs the work of Alexander Calder with the work of seven contemporary artists whose practices are bound to Calder's legacy as modern sculptor.
Museum of Contemporary Art | 220 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611
6/26 - 10/17
• Seating & Dining Sale @ DWR Save 15% when you mix and match four or more specially marked chairs, stools and tables. Items do not have to be from the same collection. The sale also includes a 15% discount on orders of one or more specially marked dining accessories.
In studios and online.
9/9 - 9/28
• Baker Furniture Sale Baker's most inclusive sale ever, with savings for the first time on The Pagani Collection, The Andre Arbus Collection, and the latest additions to The Bill Sofield Collection, as well as Spring 2010 introductions. Additional discounts will be given on The Selected Works of Tony Duquette and select styles from The Milling Road Collection. Select styles not included.
All Baker Locations and online
9/3 - 10/12
• Loll Design Sale @ YLiving Save 10% -15% + enjoy free shipping and no tax on all Loll furniture and accessories at YLiving. Built for casual lounging and enjoying the outdoors, all Loll chairs, tables and accessories are manufactured of 100% recycled plastic reclaimed from used milk jugs. Designs require no maintenance and come in a rainbow of bright colors.
9/1 - 9/30
• Serena & Lily's Bazaar Bazaar, a seasonal online pop-up shop that is now open selectively six to eight times a year, features an ever-changing assortment of distinctive and one-of-a-kind treasures in several categories such as furniture, lighting, rugs, wall décor, textiles and objets d'art.
9/18 - 9/23
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store 25% off our entire shelving collection — from customizable modular systems to a simple, single shelf. Plus, save 25% off elfa Installation Service.
In stores and online.
Now - 10/17
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home See the endless possibilities for elegant living in a home that's the ultimate in sophistication, comfort and eco-smart. Be inspired by the vision of Chicago's most acclaimed designers as you explore room after stunning room.
The Merchandise Mart | First Floor, North Lobby
OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4/16 - 12/10: M - F: 10am–5pm, Sat: 10am - 3pm
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Knoll Space Annual Sale 15% off the MSRP at over 100 Knoll Space retailers in both the United States and Canada. Products are made to order per the customer's specifications and carry standard lead times.
Find a Knoll Space Retailer — YLiving.
9/24 - 10/3
• Jayson Home & Garden Fall Flea Market Join us in the big white tent for our 3rd Flea Market — overflowing with vintage and antique furniture, textiles, curiosities, tableware, artwork, books, and lots more. This year's wares include vintage and antique goods from Provence, The Netherlands, Belgium, Paris, and the regional US. Free Delivery throughout the Flea Market weekend.
Jayson Home & Garden | 1885 N. Clybourn Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60614
9/24: 8am - 6pm (free signature burlap market tote for the first 150 attendees)
9/25: 10am - 5pm
9/26: 11am - 5pm
• Randolph Street Market Festival Encompassing several smaller markets in one kinetic energy-filled environment, including: the Chicago Antique Market, the Indie Designer Market, the Fancy Food Market, the Vinyl Swap Meet, the Global Goods Bazaar and much more. General admission $12, good for both days (save $3 by buying tickets online).
1350 W. Randolph Street in Chicago's West Loop
1340 W. Washington Street (between Ada and Ogden)
9/25 - 9/26: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am - 4pm
• Historic Berwyn's Bungalow Tour The tour includes a distinguished Tallmadge and Watson prairie style house, listed on the National Register Of Historic Places, as well as a Frank Lloyd Wright American System-Built house. Proceeds will benefit the Berwyn Historical Society, NFP. Tickets $20 in advance, $25 day of tour.
Historic Berwyn Train Station | 6801 Windsor Avenue, Berwyn Illinois
9/26: 12pm - 5pm
• Architecture Fantasy Camp at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio In the drafting room of Frank Lloyd Wright's Oak Park Studio, participants from around the world work with accomplished architects to plan and design a structure of their own creation. No architecture experience is necessary, as the skilled designers will help participants create a new addition to their home, remodel their kitchen and design a picturesque dream home. Participants do not need any architectural background. Attendees also enjoy tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, Wright's world-renowned Unity Temple and a special behind-the-scenes tour of Wright's Robie House. For non-architects only. Tickets: $850
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio | 951 Chicago Avenue Oak Park, Illinois 60302
10/3 & 10/4
• Cornucopia Fall Fest & Craft Fair This fall festival features an indoor craft fair with several dozen local artisans selling handmade jewelry, upcycled clothing, children's items, purses and more. During the craft fair, enjoy a petting zoo, pumpkin patch and entertainment acts on the grounds of the park.
Eugene Field Park | 5100 N. Ridgeway, Chicago Illinois 60625
10/9: 10am - 4pm
• Floral Classes @ Sprout Tara Heibel and TJ Harrison will be running the classes. The classes are free, however if people want to do arrangements and take them home, the cost of materials is applied. RSVP Space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60622
10/12: 6pm Long Lasting Pieces
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home We'll demonstrate the steps for building an open terrarium, including planting mediums, plants that work together, and maintenance. Participants can bring their own container and purchase the materials (rocks, charcoal, soil, and plants) for a fee or they may purchase a container at the store. If you bring your own container, make sure the opening is wide enough to fit your hand into. Material charges are based on the size of container and plant pricing (estimated charges are $35 - $75). RSVP — space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Chicago, Illinois 60622
Image: Oak Park Estate Sale
Send it to us. We publish every Thursday: