• Design Harvest
• International Antiques Fair
• Healthy Home Showhouse
• Artrageous in Oak Park
• Green Home Chicago Design Center Sale
• Fall Antique Design Market @ New Metal Craft
• Knoll Space Annual Sale
• Sanford Burrows Bedding Sale
• Alexander Calder @ MCA
• McGuire Furniture Fall Sale
• Baker Furniture Sale
• Grange Sale
• Jayson Home & Garden Online Flea Market
• FLOS Sale @ YLighting
• Seltzer Studios Sale
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home
• Cornucopia Fall Fest & Craft Fair
• Floral Classes @ Sprout
• TufenkianOutlet.com Sale
• Artview in Lakeview
• Pegboard Modern Open House
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home
details below the jump…
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Design Harvest 1st Annual Design Harvest — a 2 day Home Design Street Festival! Over 50 vendors including Morlen Sinoway Atelier to display a representation of their products in two large tents on Grand Avenue. Free Admission! Free Live Music provided by The Hideout! Food/Drinks available for purchase!
Design Harvest | on Grand between Damen and Wood
10/2 & 10/3: 11am - 7pm (rain or shine)
• Healthy Home Showhouse Healthy Child Healthy World presents Healthy Home 2010 — a groundbreaking designer showhouse that sets a new benchmark for stylish green living with a focus on healthier indoor air quality. In an unprecedented collaboration among design industry leaders and indoor air quality experts, Healthy Home 2010 showcases how to create a healthier home from the inside out. Tickets: $20.
Healthy Home | 1223 Lakeview Court
Palatine, Illinois 60067
Now - 10/10
• Artrageous in Oak Park Oak Park's village wide celebration of all things artistic. 5 Days and 4½ Square Miles of Inspiration.
10/7 - 10/11
• Green Home Chicago Design Center Sale 30% off all eco-friendly furniture
40% off Select Ecosmart fires while stock lasts
Green Home Chicago Design Center | 213 N. Morgan, Suite 1-D Chicago, Illinois 60607
9/20 - 10/31
• Fall Antique Design Market @ New Metal Craft We have invited our friends...Jean Alan, Daniels Antiques, Bedside Manor, Saffron Vintage, Barley Twist and more to show their great lighting, antiques, vintage furniture, linens, vintage apparel, rugs and specialized design services. A a wonderful opportunity for the design trade, collectors and home design enthusiasts to browse treasures and discover new sources.
New Metal Craft | 812 N Wells Street Chicago, Illinois 60610
10/1 & 10/2: 9am - 5pm
• Knoll Space Annual Sale 15% off the MSRP at over 100 Knoll Space retailers in both the United States and Canada. Products are made to order per the customer's specifications and carry standard lead times.
Find a Knoll Space Retailer — YLiving & DWR.
9/24 - 10/3
• Alexander Calder @ MCA Alexander Calder and Contemporary Art: Form, Balance, Joy pairs the work of Alexander Calder with the work of seven contemporary artists whose practices are bound to Calder's legacy as modern sculptor.
Museum of Contemporary Art | 220 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611
6/26 - 10/17
• Baker Furniture Sale Baker's most inclusive sale ever, with savings for the first time on The Pagani Collection, The Andre Arbus Collection, and the latest additions to The Bill Sofield Collection, as well as Spring 2010 introductions. Additional discounts will be given on The Selected Works of Tony Duquette and select styles from The Milling Road Collection. Select styles not included.
All Baker Locations and online
9/3 - 10/12
• Jayson Home & Garden Online Flea Market Chicago's Jayson Home & Garden's annual online Flea Market featuring hundreds of vintage and antique items, mainly sourced from Europe by our two buyers, will be available online for the first time.
10/1: 9am PST
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store 25% off our entire shelving collection — from customizable modular systems to a simple, single shelf. Plus, save 25% off elfa Installation Service.
In stores and online.
Now - 10/17
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home See the endless possibilities for elegant living in a home that's the ultimate in sophistication, comfort and eco-smart. Be inspired by the vision of Chicago's most acclaimed designers as you explore room after stunning room.
The Merchandise Mart | First Floor, North Lobby
OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4/16 - 12/10: M - F: 10am–5pm, Sat: 10am - 3pm
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Cornucopia Fall Fest & Craft Fair This fall festival features an indoor craft fair with several dozen local artisans selling handmade jewelry, upcycled clothing, children's items, purses and more. During the craft fair, enjoy a petting zoo, pumpkin patch and entertainment acts on the grounds of the park.
Eugene Field Park | 5100 N. Ridgeway, Chicago Illinois 60625
10/9: 10am - 4pm
• Floral Classes @ Sprout Tara Heibel and TJ Harrison will be running the classes. The classes are free, however if people want to do arrangements and take them home, the cost of materials is applied. RSVP Space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60622
10/12: 6pm Long Lasting Pieces
• Artview in Lakeview
10/15: 5pm - 10pm
• Pegboard Modern Open House One day only special prices on select pieces as well as a number of vintage and modern designs that are not posted on our website.
Pegboard Modern | 4259 South Western Boulevard Chicago, Illinois 60609
10/16: 11am - 4pm
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home We'll demonstrate the steps for building an open terrarium, including planting mediums, plants that work together, and maintenance. Participants can bring their own container and purchase the materials (rocks, charcoal, soil, and plants) for a fee or they may purchase a container at the store. If you bring your own container, make sure the opening is wide enough to fit your hand into. Material charges are based on the size of container and plant pricing (estimated charges are $35 - $75). RSVP — space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Chicago, Illinois 60622
Send it to us. We publish every Thursday: