Weekly Sales & Events Calendar
• Jayson Home & Garden Fall Flea Market
• Green Home Chicago Design Center Sale
• Fall Antique Design Market @ New Metal Craft
• Knoll Space Annual Sale
• Sanford Burrows Bedding Sale
• Rejuvenation Outdoor Sale
• Randolph Street Market Festival
• Architecture Fantasy Camp at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
• Historic Berwyn’s Bungalow Tour
• Alexander Calder @ MCA
• McGuire Furniture Fall Sale
• Seating & Dining Sale @ DWR
• Baker Furniture Sale
• Loll Design Sale @ YLiving
• Grange Sale
details & 14 more below the jump…
scroll down for details
MORE THIS WEEK
• Serena & Lily’s Bazaar
• Seltzer Studios Sale
• Loll Kids Sale @ Clever Tomato
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
• EcoSmart Fireplace Sale
• Viva Terra Furniture Sale
• Cuddledown Pillow Sale
• Shelving Sale @ The Container Store
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home
• Design Harvest
• Artrageous in Oak Park
• Cornucopia Fall Fest & Craft Fair
• Floral Classes @ Sprout
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Jayson Home & Garden Fall Flea Market Join us in the big white tent for our 3rd Flea Market — overflowing with vintage and antique furniture, textiles, curiosities, tableware, artwork, books, and lots more. This year’s wares include vintage and antique goods from Provence, The Netherlands, Belgium, Paris, and the regional US. Free Delivery throughout the Flea Market weekend.
Jayson Home & Garden | 1885 N. Clybourn Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60614
9/24: 8am – 6pm (free signature burlap market tote for the first 150 attendees)
9/25: 10am – 5pm
9/26: 11am – 5pm
• Fall Antique Design Market @ New Metal Craft We have invited our friends…Jean Alan, Daniels Antiques, Bedside Manor, Saffron Vintage, Barley Twist and more to show their great lighting, antiques, vintage furniture, linens, vintage apparel, rugs and specialized design services. A a wonderful opportunity for the design trade, collectors and home design enthusiasts to browse treasures and discover new sources.
New Metal Craft | 812 N Wells Street Chicago, Illinois 60610
10/1 & 10/2: 9am – 5pm
• Randolph Street Market Festival Encompassing several smaller markets in one kinetic energy-filled environment, including: the Chicago Antique Market, the Indie Designer Market, the Fancy Food Market, the Vinyl Swap Meet, the Global Goods Bazaar and much more. General admission $12, good for both days (save $3 by buying tickets online).
1350 W. Randolph Street in Chicago’s West Loop
1340 W. Washington Street (between Ada and Ogden)
9/25 – 9/26: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am – 4pm
• Historic Berwyn’s Bungalow Tour The tour includes a distinguished Tallmadge and Watson prairie style house, listed on the National Register Of Historic Places, as well as a Frank Lloyd Wright American System-Built house. Proceeds will benefit the Berwyn Historical Society, NFP. Tickets $20 in advance, $25 day of tour.
Historic Berwyn Train Station | 6801 Windsor Avenue, Berwyn Illinois
9/26: 12pm – 5pm
• Alexander Calder @ MCA Alexander Calder and Contemporary Art: Form, Balance, Joy pairs the work of Alexander Calder with the work of seven contemporary artists whose practices are bound to Calder’s legacy as modern sculptor.
Museum of Contemporary Art | 220 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611
6/26 – 10/17
• Seating & Dining Sale @ DWR Save 15% when you mix and match four or more specially marked chairs, stools and tables. Items do not have to be from the same collection. The sale also includes a 15% discount on orders of one or more specially marked dining accessories.
In studios and online.
9/9 – 9/28
• Baker Furniture Sale Baker’s most inclusive sale ever, with savings for the first time on The Pagani Collection, The Andre Arbus Collection, and the latest additions to The Bill Sofield Collection, as well as Spring 2010 introductions. Additional discounts will be given on The Selected Works of Tony Duquette and select styles from The Milling Road Collection. Select styles not included.
All Baker Locations and online
9/3 – 10/12
• Loll Design Sale @ YLiving Save 10% -15% + enjoy free shipping and no tax on all Loll furniture and accessories at YLiving. Built for casual lounging and enjoying the outdoors, all Loll chairs, tables and accessories are manufactured of 100% recycled plastic reclaimed from used milk jugs. Designs require no maintenance and come in a rainbow of bright colors.
9/1 – 9/30
• Serena & Lily’s Bazaar Bazaar, a seasonal online pop-up shop that is now open selectively six to eight times a year, features an ever-changing assortment of distinctive and one-of-a-kind treasures in several categories such as furniture, lighting, rugs, wall décor, textiles and objets d’art.
9/18 – 9/23
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home See the endless possibilities for elegant living in a home that’s the ultimate in sophistication, comfort and eco-smart. Be inspired by the vision of Chicago’s most acclaimed designers as you explore room after stunning room.
The Merchandise Mart | First Floor, North Lobby
OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4/16 – 12/10: M – F: 10am–5pm, Sat: 10am – 3pm
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Design Harvest 1st Annual Design Harvest — a 2 day Home Design Street Festival! Over 50 vendors including Morlen Sinoway Atelier to display a representation of their products in two large tents on Grand Avenue. Free Admission! Free Live Music provided by The Hideout! Food/Drinks available for purchase!
Design Harvest | on Grand between Damen and Wood
10/2 & 10/3: 11am – 7pm (rain or shine)
• Architecture Fantasy Camp at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio In the drafting room of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Oak Park Studio, participants from around the world work with accomplished architects to plan and design a structure of their own creation. No architecture experience is necessary, as the skilled designers will help participants create a new addition to their home, remodel their kitchen and design a picturesque dream home. Participants do not need any architectural background. Attendees also enjoy tours of the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio, Wright’s world-renowned Unity Temple and a special behind-the-scenes tour of Wright’s Robie House. For non-architects only. Tickets: $850
Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio | 951 Chicago Avenue Oak Park, Illinois 60302
10/3 & 10/4
• Artrageous in Oak Park Oak Park’s village wide celebration of all things artistic. 5 Days and 4½ Square Miles of Inspiration.
10/7 – 10/11
• Cornucopia Fall Fest & Craft Fair This fall festival features an indoor craft fair with several dozen local artisans selling handmade jewelry, upcycled clothing, children’s items, purses and more. During the craft fair, enjoy a petting zoo, pumpkin patch and entertainment acts on the grounds of the park.
Eugene Field Park | 5100 N. Ridgeway, Chicago Illinois 60625
10/9: 10am – 4pm
• Floral Classes @ Sprout Tara Heibel and TJ Harrison will be running the classes. The classes are free, however if people want to do arrangements and take them home, the cost of materials is applied. RSVP Space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60622
10/12: 6pm Long Lasting Pieces
• Terrarium Class @ Sprout Home We’ll demonstrate the steps for building an open terrarium, including planting mediums, plants that work together, and maintenance. Participants can bring their own container and purchase the materials (rocks, charcoal, soil, and plants) for a fee or they may purchase a container at the store. If you bring your own container, make sure the opening is wide enough to fit your hand into. Material charges are based on the size of container and plant pricing (estimated charges are $35 – $75). RSVP — space is limited.
Sprout Home | 745 N Damen Chicago, Illinois 60622
Send it to us. We publish every Thursday: