Weekly Sales & Events Calendar
• Gus* Modern Summer Sale
• Dearborn Garden Walk
• Maxine Snider Sample Sale
• Bobby Berk Home Sale
• Room & Board Summer Clearance
• Garnet Hill Summer Clearance
• Horne Warehouse Moving Sale
• BoConcept Semi-Annual Sale
• Clever Tomato / BB2 Sale
• The Wooden Duck Sale
• Léron Sale
• EuroFurniture Sale
• Mid-Century @ Smart Museum of Art
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Clearance Sale
• Alessi Sale
• DWR Outdoor Clearance Sale
• Charles P. Rogers Bed Sale
• Kartell Sale @ YLiving
• FinnStyle Marimekko Sale
• Home Remedy Sale
• Jayson Home & Garden Sale
• Conran Shop Summer Sale
• Royal Copenhagen Free Shipping
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home
• Randolph Street Market Festival
• Crafters Round-up
details below the jump…
scroll down for details
• Dearborn Garden Walk One of the country’s oldest garden walks present by the North Dearborn Association — in addition to the self-guided walking tour and garden vignettes, visitors can participate in an hour long guided tour of the historic Dearborn parkway that highlights the architectural facades in the neighborhood.
Tickets are $35 on 7/18, 2010 and $30 in advance.
1300 N. Dearborn Parkway (entrance at the corner of Goethe and Dearborn Streets) Chicago, Illinois 60610
7/18: 12pm – 5pm
• Mid-Century @ Smart Museum of Art Between 1850 and 1950, progressive artists, designers, and architects decisively reshaped the everyday world of objects. Advocating for design reform — and by extension, social reform — they promoted a host of competing ideologies that embraced aesthetic revolution and technical innovation. Drawn entirely from the Smart Museum’s collection, this exhibition explores the interweaving history and iconic forms that defined the domestic world of modernism. The exhibition features both one-of-a-kind commissions as well as mass-produced objects, including designs by Frank Lloyd Wright, Mies van der Rohe, Marcel Breuer, Charles and Ray Eames, and many others.
Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago | 5550 S. Greenwood Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60637
7/8 – 9/5
• Home Remedy Sale Many modern and vintage home accessories will be discounted up to 30% off along with a special free ground shipping promotion on any and all orders through 7/10!
• Organized Home Sale @ The Container Store Space-saving solutions from around the store will be on sale to help you take control and get organized this summer! Free in-store demonstrations on organizing the home every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm & 4pm from 7/3 – 8/1. Container Store will give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration.
In stores and online.
6/28 – 9/6
• Merchandise Mart Dream Home See the endless possibilities for elegant living in a home that’s the ultimate in sophistication, comfort and eco-smart. Be inspired by the vision of Chicago’s most acclaimed designers as you explore room after stunning room.
The Merchandise Mart | First Floor, North Lobby
OPEN TO PUBLIC: 4/16 – 12/10: M – F: 10am–5pm, Sat: 10am – 3pm
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Randolph Street Market Festival Encompassing several smaller markets in one kinetic energy-filled environment, including: the Chicago Antique Market, the Indie Designer Market, the Fancy Food Market, the Vinyl Swap Meet, the Global Goods Bazaar and much more. General admission $12, good for both days (save $3 by buying tickets online).
1350 W. Randolph Street in Chicago’s West Loop
1340 W. Washington Street (between Ada and Ogden)
7/24 – 7/25: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am – 4pm
8/28 – 8/29: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am – 4pm
9/25 – 9/26: SAT 10am -5pm, SUN 10 am – 4pm
• Crafters Round-up Showcasing new talent and some old favorites.
Chase Park | 4701 North Ashland Avenue Chicago, Illinois 60640
8/7 & 8/8: 11am – 7pm
Image: Gus* Modern Summer Sale
Send it to us. We publish every Thursday: