Weekly Sales & Events: February 10th, 2005
Long Island Ice
Short Month Sales
- Parisian Flea Market
- Designers bring continental finds to UES.
- When: Thurs. 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Where: Charlotte Moss Studio, 135 E. 65th St. (212.288.1535)
- Cath Kidston
- Sale on the British designer’s home accessories
- When: trhough 2/14
- Where: 201 Mulberry [Kenmare/Spring] (212.343.0223)
- NOI New York
- Up to 50% off on glass: vases, tumblers and bowls
- When: through 2/16
- Where: 8 Rivington [Chrystie/Bowery] (212.260.9992)
- Broadway Panhandler
- Up to 65% off Le Creuset – clearance on many other items
- When: 2/16-2/27
- Where: 477 Broome [Wooster] (212.966.3434)
- The Pier Antiques Show
- 400 dealers on two piers! All styles and eras!
- When: 2/12-2/13
- Where: Piers 90-92, 50-55th street and 12th ave
- Greenbaum Interiors
- Big Winter Sale on mod and trad furniture
- When: 2/9-/2/26
- Where: 101 Washington Street, Paterson, NJ (973.279.3000)
- 50% off garden-y antiques and repros., furniture & lighting
- When: 2/14-2/18
- Where: 418 East 75th Street (212.535.2288)
- Poltrona Frau
- Sample sale: up to 50% off sleek, modern design
- When: 2/11-2/27
- Where: 145 Wooster Street (212.777.7529)
- Liora Manné
- Big colorful pillows! Home and fashion accessories at 50% off
- When: 2/7–2/13
- Where: 91 Grand St. (212.965.0302)
- Armani Casa
- furniture is up to 50% off
- When: through 2/13
- Where: 97 Greene Street (212.334.1271)
- Beyond the Bosphorus
- 50% off hand woven kilims and pillows
- When: through 2/10
- Where: 79 Sullivan Street (212.219.8257)
- 40% off fabrics when you do upholstery, drapes, windows…
- When: through 2/26
- Where: Bloomies (718.978.8501)
- Terra Cotta
- 50% off handcrafted pottery, necklaces, scarves, and more.
- When: 1/15–2/28
- Where: 259 W. 4th St., nr Perry St. (212.243.1952)
Craig’s List Garage Sale Roundup
Chelsea Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 6th Ave from 25th to 26th Street, sunrise to sunset (212.243.5343)
Hell’s Kitchen Flea Market
When: Saturday and Sunday, 39th Street, between 9th & 10th avenues, 10am – 6pm
Affordable Art & Cultchah
Parallel: Jimmy Celaya
- The Gates Are Coming!!
- “To all visitors of The Gates:
- There are no official opening tickets.
- There are no invitations.
- There are no tickets.
- The work is free for all to enjoy….
- Queer Batman & Urban Myths
- New paintings by Mark Chamberlain, Mike Childs, Josedegardo Granados
- When: Opening Reception – January 7, 6-8 pm
- When: January 7 -February 18, 2005
- Where: Artek Contemporaries, 526 West 26 Street, #31
- East Village USA
- The local eighties art scene: Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, Lee Quinones, Kenny Scharf, Philip Taafe, and many others, curated by Dan Cameron.
- When: Through 3/19
- Where: New Museum of Contemporary Art, temporarily located at the Chelsea Art Museum, 556 W. 22nd St., nr. 11th Ave. (212.219.1222)
- Josef and Anni Albers: Designs for Living
- The Albers – of Bauhaus and Black Mountain College fame – collected textiles and furniture pair off with one another When: through 2/27
- Where: Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum
Design =/ Art: Functional Objects From Donald Judd to Rachel Whiteread
- The first museum exhibition of the virtually unknown design works by some of the most influential artists of the last half century.
- When: 9/10-2/05
- Where: Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution , 2 E. 91st St.; 212-849-8300