- Baltimore, MD
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Since the last time you saw us in Small Cool 2014, Franklin (my cat) and I have moved across the country from Phoenix to Baltimore, MD. I live in what was once the parlor and library of a rowhouse mansion built by a rich widow in 1879. Finding a place with historic charm was really important to me — and I'm happy to say my place has maintained original woodwork, tile, windows and fireplaces while still feeling like a clean, modern space. I also really love living right in the middle of beautiful little city, and despite what recent events may have lead you to think, this place really does live up to it's nickname — Charm City.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Take the time to find a place with bones you love. You might be happier in a small space with a lot of natural light, than you would be in a large, dark cave.
2. With each new home, rethink your furniture and decor. It was fun to create new art groupings and try different furniture arrangements in my new space — and I think I found even better solutions.
3. Don't be afraid to splurge on a few items tailored to your space, even if it's somewhere you only plan to be for a year or two. You may be able to sell it when you move out, and for the time being, you'll be more comfortable and happy.
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.