Apartment Therapy Media (ApartmentTherapy.com & TheKitchn.com) is actively looking for an Art Director/Home. A passion for interior design, cooking and our websites is a big bonus!
AT Media is an innovative consumer-based media company with category-defining brands, including Kitchn.com and ApartmentTherapy.com.
AT Media has an immediate opening for a full-time Art Director/Home in our New York-based Art Department. Reporting to the Editorial Director, this new position will work in collaboration with the Apartment Therapy Editor, helping to develop and implement the brand's visual creative strategy and vision. The Art Director/Home will also work closely with the Art Director/Food and the Photo Editor to concept and create content for other corporate departments.
- Work with the Apartment Therapy Editor to develop a cohesive, distinctive visual voice for the brand and create its take on home/shelter photography and graphic design
- Create a plan for implementation of visual strategy across the site and other platforms
- Ensure the brand's aesthetic is consistent and effective across platforms
- Ensure all photography on site is on brand
- Plan and execute studio and location photo shoots
- Direct work of photographers and stylists
- Work with freelance photographers, editors, stock houses and others to deliver best available images
- Contribute to planning sessions by providing big ideas and creative insights
- Personally contribute to site content through the creation of photography or graphic design
- Partner with Art Director/Food and Photo Editor to plan and produce content for other AT Media departments.
- Work with Editorial Director to manage the Art Department budget
- Minimum 4+ years in digital media or publishing, in a relevant form of experience (styling, photography, graphic design, art direction)
- Strong grasp of typography and graphic design for the web
- Experience in managing staff and freelancers
- Skilled in concepting, acquiring and packaging content
- Experience in editing photos and graphic design
- Strong abilities in planning long-term strategies and project execution
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and to adjust strategy and execution in the face of new information
- A cheerful, enthusiastic, and flexible work ethic
Comments have been disabled.