Micro-blogging platform Twitter is awesome if you're looking to waste, oh.... 7 hours online. But it turns out to be useful for doing impromptu studies of consumer perceptions, as the UK's social media monitoring company Brandwatch has come to know. They sifted through tweets containing the hashtag #fail to discover what consumer brand was most linked to that internet-famous one-word criticism. So who you you think it is? The answer is under the jump.
Over the past month, Apple was mentioned next to the #fail hashtag in 1204 tweets.
What other brands made the list? UK-based Brandwatch declares Facebook, Nokia and the BBC as runners up. They also made a point to mention that communications brands are the most criticized by consumers on the web.
- Do Antenna Issues Make the iPhone 4 a Bad Apple?
- 5 Ways How To Improve iPhone 4 Antenna Reception
- How to... Haggle Down Your Cable Bill
- How To... File a Complaint About Your Telephone or Cable Service
- App Lets AT&T Know if Coverage Stinks at Your House
- The "G-Fail" Resonates through Twitter, the Whole World