Gadgets have some of the shortest life spans of all products — you probably got at least one or two over the holidays to replace an older version of something similar you already have. No need to scratch your head over what to do with the outdated gizmos, because the EPA has compiled one of the best lists of easy recycling resources.
The EPA developed an electronics recycling program, Plug-In To eCycling, which teams up with retailers, manufacturers and mobile service providers to collect and responsibly recycle everything from cell phone accessories to televisions. According to the EPA all Plug-In To eCycling partners have committed to:
- supporting an electronics reuse or recycling program available to household consumers;
- educating consumers about their program; and
- safely managing the electronics they collect by ensuring that the electronics refurbishers and recyclers they use follow the Guidelines for Materials Management.
• Find the full recycling chart here: Plug-In To eCycling
Related ways to recycle electronics:
- EcoSquid Organizes Electronics Recycling Options
- Good To Know: Electronics Recycling Websites
- Gazelle: Recycle Your Electronics For Cash
- Recycle ALL Your Electronics with Greendisk!