Here at Apartment Therapy we're big fans of the gallery wall, and have sung its praises at length over the years. But for renters, all that measuring, arranging and hammering might not be the most practical solution.
A better one could be the impact of a single, oversized piece of artwork — nothing brings a white wall to life faster or more completely. Take inspiration from these rooms, all of which use the "white walls + big art" formula with aplomb.
1. Kathryn & Perry's "Have Less, Do More" Apartment Tour
2. La Dolce Vita
3. The New Design Times
4. The Diversion Project
5. The Diversion Project
6. The Veda House
7. Heather's Bold & Blissful Bozeman Home House Tour
9. The Marion House Book
10. The Craver Compound House Tour
11. Emmas Designblogg
12. Christine Lane Interiors via Apartment Therapy
13. Mikel Irastorza via Houzz
14. Alex & Alina's Lovingly Layered Home House Tour
15. We Heart Home
(Images: as linked above)
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.