Wi-fi enabled devices are popping up all over the place, but that doesn't mean that everything needs to have wi-fi. From time to time, there are some, like the Withings Body Scale, that are quite useful with WiFi, but here's a selection of devices that left us scratching our head...
1. Digital Cork: Drinking wine at the right temperature is important, but is it important enough to get a specialized cork, that will send you an alert, since it's WiFi, when your wine gets outside it's optimal range? We're not sure, but this cork is still a concept. If you have a lot of wines, it could get expensive.
2. Oral-B ProfessionalCare SmartSeries 5000 with SmartGuide: While this toothbrush doesn't have WiFi per se, it does have a microchip in its head, which communicates wirelessly with the SmartGuide, a portable analysis device which lets you view you brushing history and other features. It's pretty technological, if you obsessed with keeping your mouth healthy and since it already has some kind of wireless tech inside of it, we're sure that real WiFi toothbrushes aren't far behind.
3. T-WiFi WiFi Detector T-Shirt: Do you actually need a t-shirt that lets you detect the strength of a wireless network? It all depends on what you do. If you are in an unfamiliar city, and need to find some WiFi quickly, then this shirt might come in handy. Otherwise, you can just stop at the nearest Starbucks or McDonald's.
4. Samsung RF4289 Fridge: While we get that smart fridges will need to have some WiFi, integrating a touchscreen into a current refrigerator doesn't make much sense. Sure, you can check your email, but your laptop will do the same. What we'd really like to see is a fridge that can keep track of your groceries, or your lack thereof, and send you reminders on what to get, most probably on your smartphone. Now that would be quite useful and you wouldn't run out of milk.
5. WiFi Coffee Maker: Do we need an app that allows us to control our coffee maker? Probably not. We tend to make our java during the morning and apps won't help much with that.