With the march towards Fall growing shorter with each day, many of us are looking for ways to extend our enjoyment of the outdoors as far as we can. There is no bad time of year to set up a bird feeder, so why not start now? Even better, one made of bamboo, the fastest growing woody plant on earth.
According to the Baltimore Bird Club, over 65 million Americans have given backyard bird feeding a try. Your geographic area, the style of feeder and type of seed used determine which birds you will attract. Remember to hang it high enough so neighborhood kitties won't decide it's their new hunting ground, but also near a porch or window so you can get the most out of watching your new feathered pals enjoy the meal you catered for them. So which one of these 5 sustainable feeders is for you? Check out their details below:
- Cute Apple Bird Feeder at the Orange County Museum of Art
- Modern Bamboo Bird Feeder at Ponoko
- DIY Bamboo Feeder from Ikea Plates from Craftzine
- The Little Songbird Feeder at The Natural Abode
- Songbird Lantern Feeder also at The Natural Abode