There's something so charming about listening to music on vinyl. The hisses and pops, the occasional skips and the giant sized artwork — there's a lot to love about records. But as vinyl collections grow (again!), storing all those records can be a challenge. We've rounded up 10 solutions for your collection, from furniture consoles to storage boxes.
• EXPEDIT Shelving Unit from IKEA As flickr user bricolagelife says, "If they didn't design the expedit specifically for storing albums, I don't know what they were thinking - its perfect!" $69.99
• Enameled QBO Steel Cube Locker from The Container Store The middle shelf can be removed to create colorful cubes that are perfectly sized for albums. $392
• Draper Media Console from Urban Outfitters Appropriately named for its Mad Men mid-century styling, this console creates a place for the records and player. $249
• Speedy Modular Storage from CB2 Designed by Jannis Ellenberger, these storage units can be used individually or stacked, depending on the size of your collection. $79.95
• Record Cabinet from Atocha Designs For the serious collector with deeper pockets, this option will accomodate a large collection. The configuration shown here includes 6 LP and 4 CD drawers. $5,900 as shown.
STORAGE BOXES & CRATES
• Supreme Crate from The Container Store There may be nothing more classic that records stored in crates. $12.99 each
• Ultimate LP Storage Box from Sleeve City Need to stash your record collection in a closet or storage space? These boxes will keep youf collection organized and safe. (Just make sure that wherever you're storing your records is cool and dry.) $8.99
• Record Album Storage Box from The Container Store Ideal for small collections, each box will fit 45 LPs. $16.99
• PRÄNT BOx with Lid from IKEA Measuring 13"w x 15"d x 13"h, this simple but sturdy box is perfectly sized for record albums. $12.99
• Sefour Vinyl Record Carry Box from Musician's Friend A perfect combination of simple storage box and small furniture. $37.99
(Images: 1. Flickr user bricolagelife with permission. All others: As credited above.)