No joke. We received this the other day in our mailbox and had to share. While our used dryer sheets have often, unexpectedly, freshened our garbage can, we thought that was the extent of their usefulness. Looks like we were wrong. Here are 20 other ways they can be put to good use, after they've taken a spin through your dryer cycle...
1. Use it to dust your television screen. The anti-static chemicals in a dryer sheet will help to repel dust and lint.
2. Use old dryer sheets to easily wipe up talcum powder, flour, and other messes of this type.
3. Used sheets usually have enough fragrance in them to freshen up other areas in your home. Stuff them in tennis shoes, place them in closets, in laundry hampers and in pieces of luggage -- anywhere your house needs a little "refreshment."
4. Run a sheet over a piece of thread when you're doing sewing tasks. The thread won't tangle up as easy.
5. Have pet hair on your clothing? Simply wipe it off with a used dryer sheet! Also works great on cloth furniture too!
6. Keep dust and other contaminants off your glass computer screen by carefully wiping it with an old sheet.
7. Did you purchase some old, musty books at a garage sale or thrift shop? Make them smell good again! Simply place the books in a sealed plastic bag with a used dryer sheet. Allow the bag to sit undisturbed for a day or two, then remove the contents. The musty smell will be gone!
8. Got a problem with mice? Find where they are entering your house and stuff the hole shut with a used sheet. Mice won't chew through the smelly material.
9. Place a used dryer sheet in the bag of your vacuum. Sweep your house, and, once you're done, the air will smell as fresh as your clothes do.
10. These wonders of the 70's are also said to repel mosquitoes as well as other annoying, flying insects. Don't rub it on you. Instead, stick a used sheet in your belt loop.
11. You can use dryer sheets to clean and polish the chrome on your vehicles.
12. Is there a build-up of soap scum on your glass shower door? Simply use an old dryer sheet to eliminate the mess.
13. Is the interior of your car or truck smelling a little stale? Forget the pine tree on a string! Place a few used dryer sheets under the seats of your vehicle instead!
14. Use sheets to clean and polish the glass lens of your eye glasses. They're not recommended for plastic lens, though!
15. Is your hair dry and full of static electricity? Gently wipe a used dryer sheet over your head to get rid of it.
16. Dryer sheets make great dusting cloths for your wooden furniture.
17. Help keep dust and other contaminants out of your house. Simply place a used sheet inside every furnace/AC register in your house. Make sure it covers the openings and replace once they are dirty.
18. Keep your window blinds clean longer by wiping them periodically with used dryer sheets. The anti-static properties of the product will actually help to repel dust and dirt.
19. Are your scissors not cutting as smooth as they should? Wipe the blades clean with a used dryer sheet to remedy this problem.
20. Used dryer sheets make great little cloths for quick shine ups in the bathroom and kitchen too. Just use one on each of your chrome faucets and see how brightly they shine!
- 27 Household Uses for Citrus Fruit
- 20 Best Household Uses for Velcro
- Best Uses for Cork Trivets
- 5 Best Household Uses for Vaseline
- The 12 Best Household Uses for Vodka (Not Including Martinis)
[Photo by Cindy Yamanaka, The Orange County Register]