Shelf brackets' primary purpose is well known and documented: prop up and secure boards to create wall storage. But did you know that there's an entire outlaw gang of brackets that went rogue? They shrugged off society's expectations about their usefulness and devised entirely new roles for themselves within households and workspaces everywhere.
1. Kim & Scott of Yellow Brick Home modified a pair of IKEA brackets to become a kraft paper dispenser.
2. Joe made the bike racks from basic white shelf brackets which were covered with thick pieces of cork then sealed to keep it clean and in tact. From Design Sponge.
3. Emma of A Beautiful Mess bought some mega brackets to create a standing desk in her home office.
4. You can use a series of IKEA brackets in lieu of hooks or traditional clothing rack.
5. Organize your linens Country Living-style with some well-placed brackets on shelves and in closets.
6. This table was made using garden variety brackets from Lowes as the base.