One of the best ways to protect your home while you're away is to appear you never left. Leaving a light on in the front window doesn't cut it any longer and sometimes you need a little extra believability to help others think you're still home (though anti-social) while away on vacation.
Here's a few of our favorite choices for making your home a little brighter when you're away. Do you have a favorite that didn't make the list? Be sure to leave us a comment below!
Pictured Above From Left To Right
1. Light Switch Timer: for $39.95 from Hammacher Schlemmer. This unit will turn on and off any wall switch up to 9 times a day and can leave things on for 1 minute or the whole 24 hours if you wish.
2. uTimer Sensor LED Light and Lamp Controller: for $29.95 from Brookstone. This timer knows when the sun goes down and automatically lights things up. It can keep light sources on until sun up, or turn them off after 4, 8 or 12 hours.
3. Heavy Duty Digital 7 Day Timer Switch: for $36.46 (on sale) from Smart Home. This switch is strong enough to control lighting of all sorts and even your radio or appliances. You can set up to 42 weekly on/off settings, up to 6 per day and that makes it a winner in our book.
4. Heavy Duty Outdoor Programmable Timer: for $17.14 (on sale) from Smart Home. This unit controls all your outdoor lighting, fountains and other outside features. It's weatherproof and can turn things on randomly, at set times, or with the sun!
5. Westek Daily Segment Timer Power Strip: for $19.99 from Home Depot. 4 outlets are always on and 4 are programmable with this power strip. You can set lighting or electronics to turn on and off 48 times a day in 15 minute increments.
(Images: As Linked Above)